LW Brendan Lemieux - Windsor Spitfires, OHL (2014, 31st, BUF | Traded to WPG)

herbst20

Jul 8, 2011
LW Brendan Lemieux - Barrie Colts, OHL (2014 Draft)

Brendan Lemieux, son of former NHLer Claude Lemieux, is currently playing in Green Bay of the USHL.

Chris Dilks, a respected WCHA blogger in the states, tweeted today he is hearing rumors Brendan is leaving for the OHL.

Brendan is a 2012 draft pick of the Colts.

Should be very interesting over the next couple days!

Last edited:

IkeaMonkey*

Brendan Lemieux, son of former NHLer Claude Lemieux, is currently playing in Green Bay of the USHL.

Chris Dilks, a respected WCHA blogger in the states, tweeted today he is hearing rumors Brendan is leaving for the USHL.

Green Bay is struggle-ing. Wonder if that plays into the decision.

shello

Mar 5, 2011
MTL/NYC
Barrie has his rights? Oh thought Windsor did, probably mixed him up with Ryan Verbeek. But can't say im too surprised by this, thought he would come eventually.

jetkarma*

Linemate for Scheifele !. Take Barrie deep into the playoffs as we don't seem to be on tap for any NHL games this year.

IkeaMonkey*

Weird decision to step up leagues as he's done nothing in the USHL.

The USHL is kind of a clownshow sometimes, WHB, you know that. Fargo's coach said Blake Clarke sucked last year(almost those very words...) and he's leading Brampton in scoring.

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario

Chris Dilks, a respected WCHA blogger in the states, tweeted today he is hearing rumors Brendan is leaving for the OHL.

Thats pretty interesting. I wonder if something happened? Im not going to go into details and I know he is only 16 but Ive seen things from an attitude standpoint with him that is kind of worrisome. I dunno if his dad being his coach last year, made him think he could get away with things, but ill cut him some slack and hope he matures.

MonsterSurge

Nov 14, 2011
I just read where he cleaned out his locker in Green Bay today. That's tough for them since they have a game tonight against Youngstown (Go Phantoms).

derbyfan

Nov 23, 2002
Visit site
Interesting. He has a scholarship to North Dakota that he'd be giving up. And it is kind of bizarre from the sense that he hasn't produced in Green Bay, it would stand to reason he'd have an even tougher time in Barrie, or am I missing something? Green Bay is in last place after two championshp seasons, rebuilding. I'm interested in seeing how this plays out.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
The USHL is kind of a clownshow sometimes, WHB, you know that. Fargo's coach said Blake Clarke sucked last year(almost those very words...) and he's leading Brampton in scoring.

Good point and it doesn't mean it's the wrong decision on his part. Clarke and Lemieux are basically the same age though. Blake not getting ice time as a 15 year old wasn't all that surprising but clearly Fargo bungled him badly. I'm less optimistic that Brendan, as a 16 year old not getting time, is ready for the OHL but as you show, strange things happen.

MonsterSurge

Nov 14, 2011
Interesting. He has a scholarship to North Dakota that he'd be giving up. And it is kind of bizarre from the sense that he hasn't produced in Green Bay, it would stand to reason he'd have an even tougher time in Barrie, or am I missing something? Green Bay is in last place after two championshp seasons, rebuilding. I'm interested in seeing how this plays out.

Green Bay is terrible this year. He may have no one to help out. I don't pay attention to Green Bay, so I'm not sure who they have.

IkeaMonkey*

Good point and it doesn't mean it's the wrong decision on his part. Clarke and Lemieux are basically the same age though. Blake not getting ice time as a 15 year old wasn't all that surprising but clearly Fargo bungled him badly. I'm less optimistic that Brendan, as a 16 year old not getting time, is ready for the OHL but as you show, strange things happen.

Well, to be fair, 16 year olds tearing it up isn't a common occurance and Green Bay is loaded up on older players who have also been on the team since last year or earlier. Gotta earn his stripes.

Like Lemieux, Butrus Ghafari for Fargo was tendered last year as well and he's getting 1-2 shifts a game.

Spitfire11

Jan 17, 2003
Ontario
So what's the scouting report on Lemieux? He looks to be putting up good numbers and pisses everyone off like his dad, but he doesn't appear on the majority of pre-Draft lists.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
So what's the scouting report on Lemieux? He looks to be putting up good numbers and pisses everyone off like his dad, but he doesn't appear on the majority of pre-Draft lists.

He's not on Top 30's, but he's most certainly on lists. He's probably a guy right now sitting between 60-100 and looks to be likely a 3rd, perhaps even mid-late 2nd rounder.

He has the same qualities his Dad possessed away from the puck. Hard on the forecheck and relentless in puck pursuit. Hits hard and drops the mitts. Definitely a pest who gets under the skin of other players.

Offensively he has good goal scoring instincts and gets himself a lot of scoring opportunities in close.

I just wish he was a little quicker. His skating is only average which can limit the effectiveness of his ability to play that energy game at times.

horner

May 22, 2007
Brendan Lemieux Barrie Colts

Has anybody seen him play

And where do you think he will be drafted

What does he project to be

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad