LW Bokondji Imama - Saint John Sea Dogs, QMJHL (2015, 180th, TBL)

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
Necro thread, but Boko hit 40 goals this season. Pretty impressive for a "tough guy" type player. Anyone have anything to say about his performance?

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
He is a bull in the Q. Faster and much stronger than most opponents with a great shot. Not the most skilled but uses his strengths to power through.

Not sure what his pro upside is but impressive season for sure.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
He's bigger than most NHL players already. He definitely doesn't have top 6 upside IMO unless he finds a niche in front of the net. Could see him finding a Bickell type career though.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Necro thread, but Boko hit 40 goals this season. Pretty impressive for a "tough guy" type player. Anyone have anything to say about his performance?

It's honestly not very impressive for an overage player. To not hit a PPG in your overage year as a forward is not good. Also his goal to assist ratio is concerning. But then, I've never actually watched him play, I just know that you'd be hard pressed to find any players who failed to hit a PPG in their overage year in juniors who ended up making the NHL.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
The Habs invited this guy to a prospect camp once and I was shocked at how bad he was. Then I was shocked all over again that he actually got drafted. Now I'm shocked he scored 40 goals (even as an overager).

Maybe he'll shock me all the way to a decent NHL career, who knows :laugh:

torontosports10

Mar 6, 2009
I wouldn't say they he is faster than most in the Q, that's for sure.

He is playing on a top team, and with injuries, suspensions and world jr's, he was given a chance to play on the top 2 lines and power play a lot this season. He worked hard on his skating and shooting, and has been rewarded with the successful year.

Unfortunately, I don't see him translating his game to the NHL level, and if he does, it will be a 4th line, grinder/pest role. He won't be able to make some of the plays that he does now and get away with it. Too many turnovers and not enough back checking.

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl
The Habs invited this guy to a prospect camp once and I was shocked at how bad he was. Then I was shocked all over again that he actually got drafted. Now I'm shocked he scored 40 goals (even as an overager).

Maybe he'll shock me all the way to a decent NHL career, who knows :laugh:

That was my exact same thought when the Habs drafted Andrew Conboy. Can't believe some fans were actually excited about that guy.

On the subject, how can a guy score 41 goals and have only 14 assists? These look like Joe Malone numbers

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
I wouldn't say they he is faster than most in the Q, that's for sure.

He is playing on a top team, and with injuries, suspensions and world jr's, he was given a chance to play on the top 2 lines and power play a lot this season. He worked hard on his skating and shooting, and has been rewarded with the successful year.

Unfortunately, I don't see him translating his game to the NHL level, and if he does, it will be a 4th line, grinder/pest role. He won't be able to make some of the plays that he does now and get away with it. Too many turnovers and not enough back checking.

His stride is very powerful, and he has improved his skating a lot. It seems now almost at will he can take a Dman wide and fend them off, he just goes to the net constantly, he doesn't even look for passing options most of the time and just uses his strength to muscle his way there. That also explains his lack of assists compared to goals, but nobody is complaining when this guy hits 40. It's really a case of a very strong 20 year old physically overpowering younger, weaker opposition.

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
I certainly don't think anyone in TB thinks this guy is gonna hit even 10 in the NHL or anything, but he's a big boy and I think if you get him with a guy like Mathieu Joseph in the future, that can be the foundation of one hell of a checking line.

Definitely think he's in the AHL next year. It's very possible they could lose a few guys to the NHL next season and it should open a spot for him somewhere.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
I certainly don't think anyone in TB thinks this guy is gonna hit even 10 in the NHL or anything, but he's a big boy and I think if you get him with a guy like Mathieu Joseph in the future, that can be the foundation of one hell of a checking line.

Definitely think he's in the AHL next year. It's very possible they could lose a few guys to the NHL next season and it should open a spot for him somewhere.

If this guy can improve his skating and really find a niche in front of the net then he certainly could have a solid NHL career. He is BIG and would be very hard to move for almost any NHL D.

Justwin

Jul 19, 2016
His stride is very powerful, and he has improved his skating a lot. It seems now almost at will he can take a Dman wide and fend them off, he just goes to the net constantly, he doesn't even look for passing options most of the time and just uses his strength to muscle his way there. That also explains his lack of assists compared to goals, but nobody is complaining when this guy hits 40. It's really a case of a very strong 20 year old physically overpowering younger, weaker opposition.
Not really, following him through out the year most of his goals are wristers. Not driving to the net.

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
Not really, following him through out the year most of his goals are wristers. Not driving to the net.

I got the chance to see him play 5 times this year (all on the road), and he was driving the net like crazy. Can't speak for the other 60+ games.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
He's massive but his numbers aren't THAT impressive for someone his size and age playing in the Q. Right now it's no problem for him to tank through anybody/hold the front of the net.

See how he does in the AHL when the players are as strong as he is.

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
I thought Leafs fans were over hyping Adam Brooks. This guy won't become anything other than a low-end body banging 4th line plug.

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
I thought Leafs fans were over hyping Adam Brooks. This guy won't become anything other than a low-end body banging 4th line plug.

I don't really see anybody hyping him up to be anything more than a bottom six guy, lol?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad