LW Beckett Sennecke - Oshawa Generals, OHL (2024 Draft)

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
That's fine but it's clear the Habs feel more than comfortable on their left shot D, and so they are rightfully going to invest their high value pick on a high value player at a position they need.

This isn't a draft where people are convinced there's a clear BPA, you poll one scout team and they might have one defenseman at the top and one at the bottom and the next it's inverse.
I just think that if Catton was available that I would take him and my guess is that if they pass on him, like they passed on Michov then they will regret it but we shall see.

There also is rarely any consensus on players as each team has their own scouting departments and even the scouting services we have public access to have vastly different ratings most years.

Without looking my guess is that the Oshawa winger isn't on most top 10 lists.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I just think that if Catton was available that I would take him and my guess is that if they pass on him, like they passed on Michov then they will regret it but we shall see.

There also is rarely any consensus on players as each team has their own scouting departments and even the scouting services we have public access to have vastly different ratings most years.

Without looking my guess is that the Oshawa winger isn't on most top 10 lists.

He's top 5 on one and top 10 on 2 others. Bob McKenzies list indicates that.

Reactions: Andrei79

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
He's top 5 on one and top 10 on 2 others. Bob McKenzies list indicates that.
Perhaps but the highest on the list of 18 different rankings on elite prospects has him at 17 and the lowest at 45.

McKenizie's consolidated list has him at #19.

Leto

Feb 16, 2023
Perhaps but the highest on the list of 18 different rankings on elite prospects has him at 17 and the lowest at 45.

McKenizie's consolidated list has him at #19.

McKenzie updated his list last week. Sennecke is now 14th.

FrozenKing18

Goongala! Goongala!
Aug 11, 2009
SoCal
I was watching this kid hoping he’ll fall to the Kings as he could complement Byfield in a couple seasons. No chance of that now, he’s killing it!

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
it bothers me that he had just a meh / avg season and now hes tearing it up in the playoffs , ? why the difference? red flag for me. doesn't make him horrible just not the pick i want at #13.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
it bothers me that he had just a meh / avg season and now hes tearing it up in the playoffs , ? why the difference? red flag for me. doesn't make him horrible just not the pick i want at #13.

It's more of a straight ramp up over time.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Exactly but if the Habs take him at 5th and leave catton on the board they will regret it and I will be here, good natured of course, to remind them about it.
I suspect Habs are taking Lindstrom or Iginla. Maybe they package the Jets pick and try and advance into the middle of the first round for Sennecke

Leto

Feb 16, 2023
What would it cost the Habs to move up 10 spots?

The most recent case of a team moving in the 1st round of the draft is Arizona in 2022. The price was one late 1st round pick + two 2nd round picks. So the price should in that ball park. Montreal has Colorado's 2024 2nd round pick, but not their own.

coyotetrade.png

malcb33

Apr 10, 2005
New Zealand
The most recent case of a team moving in the 1st round of the draft is Arizona in 2022. The price was one late 1st round pick + two 2nd round picks. So the price should in that ball park. Montreal has Colorado's 2024 2nd round pick, but not their own.

View attachment 869458
If SJ sees’s value in Harris or Struble and would be interested in trading back, I would love to see Hughes be aggressive with the Winnipeg pick. I would be comfortable with that type of value, as IMO the Habs need to come away from this draft with potential impact forwards.

• Haha
Reactions: Patty Ice

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

View attachment 869458

It's possible if a team offers enough.

I think this year the cost to move up would be higher. There seems to be a steep drop off in the mid first.

So are the Habs willing to offer four picks?

If SJ sees’s value in Harris or Struble and would be interested in trading back, I would love to see Hughes be aggressive with the Winnipeg pick. I would be comfortable with that type of value, as IMO the Habs need to come away from this draft with potential impact forwards.

I can't see San Jose being swayed by a spare player.

Reactions: goforit and Grinner

Grinner

May 31, 2022
As a Sharks fan, that's a pass.
Sharks already have multiple picks in both rounds 1 and 2. They also need quality over quantity

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Stop fantasizing about the Sharks trading down from 14 to 27 for f***ing Jordan Harris. And please tell your fellow Habs fans to stop making horrible trade-up proposals. If you want to give us Reinbacher for 14+, we can talk. Otherwise, absolutely zero interest in trading down from 14 to 27.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
I went to a couple Oshawa games this year and Sennecke never impressed me. Feel like his game is very "junior." Has size and some great tools so can get away without playing a pro style game within the system. Selfish isn't the right word, but it's like he was playing his own game rather than being cohesive with his teammates.

Honestly shocked when I was reading about him being in the mix as high as the 5th pick. I think there's definitely above-average bust potential at a spot like that.

Last edited:

DemiGod

GoHawks
Jul 20, 2022
Montreal is still looking for an impact player after taking the first overall in 2022 and the pick 5 in 2023

Reactions: rsteen

malcb33

Apr 10, 2005
New Zealand
Stop fantasizing about the Sharks trading down from 14 to 27 for f***ing Jordan Harris. And please tell your fellow Habs fans to stop making horrible trade-up proposals. If you want to give us Reinbacher for 14+, we can talk. Otherwise, absolutely zero interest in trading down from 14 to 27.
I guess reading comprehension isn’t your friend, but I hope you can find away to keep up next time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad