LW Beckett Sennecke - Oshawa Generals, OHL (2024 Draft)

rubenflamshep

Dec 6, 2023
Toronto
scoutthe.xyz
Offence has slowed down recently.

Yupp from 1.3 pts/gm -> 0.6 pts/gm. Gotta feel for him as it's a bad time to be slumping with the draft coming up. Lots of time to turn it around though
Screenshot 2024-01-04 at 10.32.40 PM.png

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Really crushed the backwards skating drills at the top prospect game, I wonder if he used to play as a defenseman?

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Didn't know he's grown so much in such a short time.

Sort of explains the awkward skating style and may be why NHL teams seem optimistic about his upside despite his slump.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
I really like him and see great potential, has that sense of creativity to his game that speaks well to his hockey IQ and with the height explosion you may end up with a Boldy kind of situation, a high skill player that takes some time adjusting to a tremendous physical package.

Reactions: 57special

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I really like him and see great potential, has that sense of creativity to his game that speaks well to his hockey IQ and with the height explosion you may end up with a Boldy kind of situation, a high skill player that takes some time adjusting to a tremendous physical package.
Ha! Beat me to it with the Boldy comparison. I don't think that he had the concentrated late growth spurt that Sennecke had/is having, but Boldy certainly had a "baby deer" quality to his skating just 2-3 years ago. Made him appear weak, at times, and ineffective in board battles. Now that he has filled out, he is anything but.

Hopefully Sennecke has a similar development, but it will take place 2-3 years from now. While Boldy is a high end comparison, I do think Sennecke will have better straight line speed.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
This is a guy I think the Habs would target with the Jets pick if he's still there and they don't do another Dach/Newhook trade with it.

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
Feel like he’s a real nice target at pick 15 or later. After those first couple tiers of players, he’s right up there

Reactions: barriers

macbowes

Aug 1, 2022
Victoria
How tall is he now? I watched an interview with another player recently (can't recall who, unfortunately) and they said he was one of the toughest players to play against, and mentioned he had grown 5-6 inches since the last time they had seen each other. Is he close to 6'5"?

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Sennecke has massive upside. His hands are disgusting. He has this swooping attack style that's a load for D to handle. He does a great job of utilizing his edges in combination, with his size and hands. He can handle the puck across his body at an elite level already. He's deceptive, creative and has vision on the ice. While he can have blinders on at times, he also has the ability to pull up and locate teammates. He's committed defensively and wont hurt you, but his calling card is offence. He is a top six or bust type prospect in my mind

The key with Sennecke is growing into his frame. He's got a projectable frame, he just hasn't filled out. He often times doesn't seem in control of his own body, which combined with his elite hands, leads to some wild sequences

Today, I don't think his style translates, but teams will be drafting him for what he can be, not what he is. I think he's one of the more "raw" prospects in the upper echelon of this draft. If he hits his potential he will be a high-octane weapon. He is so much fun to watch. I want him to hit that upside

Last edited:

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Sennecke has massive upside. His hands are disgusting. He has this swooping attack style that's a load for D to handle. He does a great job of utilizing his edges in combination, with his size and hands. He can handle the puck across his body at an elite level already. He's deceptive, creative and has vision on the ice. While he can have blinders on at times, he also has the ability to pull up and locate teammates. He's committed defensively and wont hurt you, but his calling card is offence. He is a top six or bust type prospect in my mind

The key with Sennecke is growing into his frame. He's got a projectable frame, he just hasn't filled out. He often times doesn't seem in control of his own body, which combined with his elite hands, leads to some wild sequences

Today, I don't think his style translates, but teams will be drafting him for what he can be, not what he is. I think he's one of the more "raw" prospects in the upper echelon of this draft. If he hits his potential he will be a high-octane weapon. He is so much fun to watch. I want him to hit that upside
Agreed on all counts.

He and Greentree are fascinating players in that they each have loads of bust potential but the upside is pretty incredible, like top-30 winger in the league level. Could see either of them surprise (relative to rankings) and get snapped up in that 10-15 pick range if a team out there is a believer.

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
I saw Grant Mckagg and Pronman both have him in their top 13. Never got a good look at him, but I'm very surprised by this. Mckenzie had him in his top 20 as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad