LW Auguste Impose - Genève-Servette, SUI JRS (2015 undrafted)

NarcoPolo

Jul 16, 2012
Saw him play at the macs midget tournament in Calgary and he opened my eyes quite a bit. He's a 1997 year winger from Switzerland, a bit on the smaller size (5'9) but with a few more years to grow a couple inches. He has incredible skating ability, gets up to speed quickly and hes strong on the puck at full speed and makes solid decisions with it. I've never heard of him before the tournament but if there is anything that will hinder his ability to make a greater impact at the NHL level, its his size. Anybody else know much about this kid? Quite premature but I think he could possibly be selected in the upper hand of the 2015 draft

HC Bienne

@llopesso19
Mar 13, 2012
Bienne, Swiss
www.eurohockey.com

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Only saw one game from him but really stood out vs stacked finnish team. Great speed, hands and vision. Tad small though.

Any idea where he will play next year? Canada,Switzerland or Sweden?

NarcoPolo

Jul 16, 2012
JJT332975 said:
Only saw one game from him but really stood out vs stacked finnish team. Great speed, hands and vision. Tad small though.

Any idea where he will play next year? Canada,Switzerland or Sweden?

I saw the same game and 3 of his other ones and he looked great in all of them. I haven't seen anything that says he's leaving Switzerland to come over to Canada but wouldn't bet against it. Interesting prospect for sure.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
This player was the top ranked player from Switzerland until Malgin emerged this season, I would have thought he would get more senior games but hes still currently playing junior, great skater and could be a real player if he gains a couple inches.

Juggernaut27

#CatsHasCupNow?
Apr 29, 2014
Vancouver
Not a bad showing today Vs. Finland.

Very good skater, had a nice takeaway at his own blue line that drew a penalty. Some nice offensive zone passing.

Doesn't always back check or stay on the puck the way I'd like.

Edit: and a beauty assist on the tie goal

Last edited:

CrazyPucker27

Jun 25, 2012
Charlottetown
Is he the only black player playing in the tournament? Wondering as I'm African Canadian. Really nice to see some bright young black hockey players the last few years with Duclair, the Subbans, Lindo, etc. thanks in advance

Eagle Eye Cherry

guitar player
Feb 19, 2006
Montreal
Interesting reading this thread about Swiss prospects. I remember a time back in the 90s where Swiss players being drafted in the NHL seemed so rare but nowadays, it seems like Swiss players get drafted each year.

First, it was like Nino Neiderreiter, Then, Roman Josi, then Luca Sbisa, then Sven Barteschi, then Sven Andrigetto, and so on and so on. Like what the heck is going in Switzerland?

They're doing something right for once. They got that confidence and desire to make the NHL whereas in the 90s, many would stay home in Switzerland and never attempt for the jump.

Hockey in Switzerland has really taken off. I'm pleasantly surprised to see this. Always great to see prospects emerge from Switzerland. I was getting tired of seeing guys from the usual countries.

Last edited:

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013
Interesting reading this thread about Swiss prospects. I remember a time back in the 90s where Swiss players being drafted in the NHL seemed so rare but nowadays, it seems like Swiss players get drafted each year.

First, it was like Nino Neiderreiter, Then, Roman Josi, then Luca Sbisa, then Sven Barteschi, then Sven Andrigetto, and so on and so on. Like what the heck is going in Switzerland?

They're doing something right for once. They got that confidence and desire to make the NHL whereas in the 90s, many would stay home in Switzerland and never attempt for the jump.

Hockey in Switzerland has really taken off. I'm pleasantly surprised to see this. Always great to see prospects emerge from Switzerland. I was getting tired of seeing guys from the usual countries.

Nino was drafted after Josi and Sbisa for the record :)

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Big fan of this kid. Really opened my eyes when I caught him at the WJAC in Kindersley in December 2014. I think he's definitely worth a mid-round draft pick. Thick, strong, does everything at warp speed.

rivermen123

Apr 27, 2015
Is he the only black player playing in the tournament? Wondering as I'm African Canadian. Really nice to see some bright young black hockey players the last few years with Duclair, the Subbans, Lindo, etc. thanks in advance

Caleb Jones and Jordan Greenway on USA.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad