LW Artturi Lehkonen - Frölunda, SHL (2013, 55th overall, Montreal)

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
There is strong rumours that he plays for Kalpa at next season.

If he plays anywhere else in Finland that TPS, I want the heads of those responsible. TPS, slowly re-establishing itself to it's former glory as one of the biggest clubs in Finland, CANNOT screw this up like Kärpät with case Granlund

Keeptdos

May 1, 2011
Finland
He seem to have natural talent for scoring goals.

A litlle off topic but Finnish prospects should really have own thread.

Should we just create a thread called "Finnish Prospect Update Thread" and use it still it gets sticked? :help:

RKC

Aug 7, 2011
Will he get more ice time/bigger role in KalPa than in TPS?

TPS is looking like they are headed to liigakarsinta, and KalPa was the regular season champion last year so I'd think he would have gotten much bigger role if stayed in Turku. I think Lehkonen has a good chance to take a top-6 role in Kuopio though, their winger department doesn't look that tough after Salminen, Voutilainen and Kapanen. And it's much better to play in a team that fighting for top spots in the league than fight against relegation with TPS.

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
any chance he comes over to north america?

EDT: since when does jeff skinner play in finland **see photo***

artturi_lehkonen_tps-3x.jpg

bp spec

Jun 7, 2010
He plays with a visor? Thought that you have to bee 18 for that. At least we have that rule in Sweden. And I've seen videos of Teuvo Teräväinen playing in SM-liiga with a cage. But also with a visor. What do the rules say?

Impressive stats in the U17-WC and the Finnish U-20's.

anatsu

twitter: @finanatsu
May 31, 2010
Finland
He plays with a visor? Thought that you have to bee 18 for that. At least we have that rule in Sweden. And I've seen videos of Teuvo Teräväinen playing in SM-liiga with a cage. But also with a visor. What do the rules say?

In SM-liiga players have to play with visor, no matter what is the age of player.

YARR123

Oct 30, 2010

I think Teräväinen played in European Trophy games with a cage, they probably have different rules.

FinHockey

Sex Metal Barbie
Nov 10, 2009
Finland
I think Teräväinen played in European Trophy games with a cage, they probably have different rules.

You have to wear a cage if you play for Team Finland and are less than 18 years old.

E: Just realized you were talking about European Trophy. Not sure why I thought EHT. Could be that Finnish Ice Hockey Federation makes you wear cage in all international games if you're U-18.

Jack DiBiase

Team Iceland Coach
Nov 15, 2008
SM-Liiga has grandfathered the visor rule, that everyone born after the 60's has to wear a visor. There's also no rule for a young player to wear a full cage, but I think an junior could wear a cage, if he wanted to. IIHF and the Finnish Hockey Federation have different rules. For instance in Mestis (FIN-2), which is under Finnish Hockey Federation unlike SM-Liiga, I think everyone under 18 years old, has to wear a full cage.

fr9dd9

Nov 18, 2010
Sweden
European Trophy

Lehkonen is realy making a name of himself in the ET tournament, 7 games 8 points, I realy hope that they keep him in the first line, he is the scoring leader on hes team!!

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
Lehkonen is realy making a name of himself in the ET tournament, 7 games 8 points, I realy hope that they keep him in the first line, he is the scoring leader on hes team!!

Tied as first in goal scoring in entire tournament. Tied as top 10 scoring in whole tournament. He was awarded as best player in the game against very strong SEL team HV71. This kid just turned 17 couple months ago. He has potential to end up as an truly special player. Let's not forget his good two-way ability and compete level. Barkov, Ristolainen, Lehkonen, Husso, Ikonen... This is going to be special year for finland.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
^ HV rested 10 players and goalie in favor of J20 guys today, but that doesn't make his scoring ability less impressive. I've seen him quite a few times and he oozes potential. Just a question though, why is every Finnish bluechip forward prospect 5'10"!? Or Ikonen 5'7"? Well, except for Barkov.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
^ HV rested 10 players and goalie in favor of J20 guys today, but that doesn't make his scoring ability less impressive. I've seen him quite a few times and he oozes potential. Just a question though, why is every Finnish bluechip forward prospect 5'10"!? Or Ikonen 5'7"? Well, except for Barkov.

Because tall players choose football, basketball or volleyball.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad