LW Arseniy Gritsyuk - SKA St.Petersburg, KHL (2019, 129th, NJD)

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
KHL is not a development league and Chistyakov and Chinakhov are just better suited for it. Pretty fair call to send him to the VHL, in my opinion. He was probably kept around until now just in case Chinakhov blows his chance and loses the spot and he didn't.

Reactions: Favin

NJ Fan 12

Jun 23, 2020
Looks like he's signed through this season according to EliteProspects. Until he plays in either the VHL or the KHL on a full-time basis it is tough to know his potential; particularly given the number of young forwards in the Devils' pipeline - both in the AHL and in Europe or juniors. New Jersey also has three first round picks next week.

When is his KHL contract up?

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Did he get any icetime in the KHL stint?
He got 4th line minutes in a couple of games. But realistically, Avangard has no space for him and the VHL level suits him well. The only player I can see him replacing in the KHL is slumping Chinakhov if Hartley so desires. But I doubt it, I think he has a pretty long leash at this point. And, again, Gritsyuk fit in great with Kuznya who are probably the best team in the VHL this year so no point in jerking him back and forth.

Reactions: goonybird

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Good for him. Not to overstate the obvious. Would prefer that his first goal didn't come in the closing minutes of a blowout win over Austria.

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
Good for him. Not to overstate the obvious. Would prefer that his first goal didn't come in the closing minutes of a blowout win over Austria.
You have to think that at 129th overall, Devils fans have to be excited by the fact that Gritsyuk even made the WJC

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
If the rumours about Chinakhov leaving are correct it pretty much cements him a spot in the lineup, no point to leave now. He just has to be ready to play next season.

Reactions: Wierzbowski426

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
What is the best way to follow him and his KHL team? I’d like to keep tabs on him and Shakir . When does the KHL season start? Is he going to be playing in the KHL for sure or might be in the VHL?

Sorry for the dumb questions , I I know very little about the KHL and where to go to learn more about it

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
What is the best way to follow him and his KHL team? I’d like to keep tabs on him and Shakir . When does the KHL season start? Is he going to be playing in the KHL for sure or might be in the VHL?

Sorry for the dumb questions , I I know very little about the KHL and where to go to learn more about it

KHL season is already ongoing, Gritsyuk is likely expected to be in the KHL full-time this season. As for the best way to follow, if you mean game action then I think the only legal way to watch the KHL in Canada is via Portable.tv (although I'm not totally sure as I can't check that).

Reactions: TopC0rner and Favin

Favin

Jun 24, 2015
Toronto

For the fans. Or Youtube clips is often easiest. For me, at least.

And, of course, Caser keeps us all updated on HF boards.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
KHL season is already ongoing, Gritsyuk is likely expected to be in the KHL full-time this season. As for the best way to follow, if you mean game action then I think the only legal way to watch the KHL in Canada is via Portable.tv (although I'm not totally sure as I can't check that).
Is he playing in the top 6 ? I’m guessing he is still considered a young buck and they won’t play a young kid in the top 6 unless he lights it up for awhile

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad