LW Arseniy Gritsyuk - SKA St.Petersburg, KHL (2019, 129th, NJD)

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
He is ska player now.

I know there are many hates to ska and rotenberg, but in reality it’s a very team with great trainers and coaches, that play in fast&forechecking hockey. It should help to Arseniy to learn new system and develop his 200-foot game. For now he isn’t nhl ready as a player without the puck, and ahl is definitely the wrong place to play and develop for a player of his actual level.
After two years he will repeat the path of Kuzmenko.

uBFv-2jGGAQ.jpg

Last edited:

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
As a Devils fan this is a bit of a bummer. Was hoping we we would see him in the AHL next season to learn the North American game. I was under the impression that he would need only 1 year down at most. I guess with this signing when he comes over he should be able to fight for an NHL spot right out of camp at the age of 24. Still very young with alotnof years to give the Devils if he is good enough to be an NHLer.

Reactions: Torts and FlyguyOX

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
As a Devils fan this is a bit of a bummer. Was hoping we we would see him in the AHL next season to learn the North American game. I was under the impression that he would need only 1 year down at most. I guess with this signing when he comes over he should be able to fight for an NHL spot right out of camp at the age of 24. Still very young with alotnof years to give the Devils if he is good enough to be an NHLer.
There are no “devils fans”. It’s only you personally. May be some other ”uninformed“ fans. Gritsyuk doesn’t need to “learn in ahl”. He is much better player to spend time in this league. But he isn’t good enough without the puck to play nhl. There is no second truth.

PizzaAndPucks

Nov 29, 2018
There are no “devils fans”. It’s only you personally. May be some other ”uninformed“ fans. Gritsyuk doesn’t need to “learn in ahl”. He is much better player to spend time in this league. But he isn’t good enough without the puck to play nhl. There is no second truth.
Alot of players come from the KHL even in their mid 20's and are gone after 1 season. Have you just started watching hockey ? The Devils are hoping that he has what it takes to be a top 6 player that's why they don't mind taking the patient approach. It's so he can potentially jump right into the NHL lineup when he comes over. He is a good prospect but he isn't too good to start his North American career if he was to come over this year instead of staying in the KHL. Look at Kravstov as an example. He was too much of baby to make less money in the AHL and kept going to back to the KHL. He wasn't even good at the NHL level when the Canucks took him in abd let him play every game. Gritsyuk didn't want to take a pay cut that's why he trying to skip the AHL. It's a bit of entitlement so I'm hoping he actually is worth the wait in 2 years.

Reactions: FlyguyOX

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Alot of players come from the KHL even in their mid 20's and are gone after 1 season. Have you just started watching hockey ? The Devils are hoping that he has what it takes to be a top 6 player that's why they don't mind taking the patient approach. It's so he can potentially jump right into the NHL lineup when he comes over. He is a good prospect but he isn't too good to start his North American career if he was to come over this year instead of staying in the KHL. Look at Kravstov as an example. He was too much of baby to make less money in the AHL and kept going to back to the KHL. He wasn't even good at the NHL level when the Canucks took him in abd let him play every game. Gritsyuk didn't want to take a pay cut that's why he trying to skip the AHL. It's a bit of entitlement so I'm hoping he actually is worth the wait in 2 years.
I watched hockey for a long time. Not only NHL, but euro leagues and even american junior leagues. You would be surprised(because you even diidn`t started watching hockey as I see), but it`s a new norm for russian talented players. Older players who try to started and can`t do it in nhl, are going not only from russia.
And personnally I watched tonns of Avangard in the last two years. And I know what he should work on - on his positional\defensive game without the puck. He isn`t ready in this component for NHL. Especially if YOU are talking about top-6.
Kravtsov is bad example because we are talking about players of different weak and strong sides and different results in KHL. If you are trying to compare, you should do your home work better. For at least you should start to do the homework.

AHL is a weaker league in compare with KHL. As a devils fan, you should know tonns of examples(like Holtz) where players can`t develop their game without the puck. And surprise-surprise, SKA is a team that play in active forechecking hockey, and it`s a great place to develop Gritsyuk`s 200-foot game. I watched tonns of theirs games too(Bardakov). He will play there for wins in every game and for Gagarin`s cup. Not for achiving .500% and for winning one round in AHL.

Gritsyuk signed two years deal to have much more money, develop his game more - he actually said about examples of Kaprisov and Kuzmenko by himself, and having back up plan if things will not go in the right way in NHL. Because for his level of game he will not teach nothing in AHL and will lose a lot of money on longer ELC. That`s it.

Reactions: PizzaAndPucks

PizzaAndPucks

Nov 29, 2018
I watched hockey for a long time. Not only NHL, but euro leagues and even american junior leagues. You would be surprised(because you even diidn`t started watching hockey as I see), but it`s a new norm for russian talented players. Older players who try to started and can`t do it in nhl, are going not only from russia.
And personnally I watched tonns of Avangard in the last two years. And I know what he should work on - on his positional\defensive game without the puck. He isn`t ready in this component for NHL. Especially if YOU are talking about top-6.
Kravtsov is bad example because we are talking about players of different weak and strong sides and different results in KHL. If you are trying to compare, you should do your home work better. For at least you should start to do the homework.

AHL is a weaker league in compare with KHL. As a devils fan, you should know tonns of examples(like Holtz) where players can`t develop their game without the puck. And surprise-surprise, SKA is a team that play in active forechecking hockey, and it`s a great place to develop Gritsyuk`s 200-foot game. I watched tonns of theirs games too(Bardakov). He will play there for wins in every game and for Gagarin`s cup. Not for achiving .500% and for winning one round in AHL.

Gritsyuk signed two years deal to have much more money, develop his game more - he actually said about examples of Kaprisov and Kuzmenko by himself, and having back up plan if things will not go in the right way in NHL. Because for his level of game he will not teach nothing in AHL and will lose a lot of money on longer ELC. That`s it.
I was being a bit sarcastic and I appreciate your well informed response. I know you are very up to date on what's going on over in the KHL so I will tale your word. I really don't think the KHL is a much better league than the AHL though. I would love to see teams from both of those leagues play each other. It's nice that the KHL switched their dimensions of their rinks to 200 x 85 so they are the same as North America. You're saying Gritsyuk needs to learn how to play better away from the puck , he is a winger and has easier coverage than a center does. You also said that SKA will teach him how to forcheck and play an up tempo style , that's fine and all but it sounds like he needs to improve more in the defensive zone. I'm hoping that SKA helps him in that regard.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
I was being a bit sarcastic and I appreciate your well informed response. I know you are very up to date on what's going on over in the KHL so I will tale your word. I really don't think the KHL is a much better league than the AHL though. I would love to see teams from both of those leagues play each other. It's nice that the KHL switched their dimensions of their rinks to 200 x 85 so they are the same as North America. You're saying Gritsyuk needs to learn how to play better away from the puck , he is a winger and has easier coverage than a center does. You also said that SKA will teach him how to forcheck and play an up tempo style , that's fine and all but it sounds like he needs to improve more in the defensive zone. I'm hoping that SKA helps him in that regard.
it’s not that hard to understand. it’s better to watch both leagues. But even without it.
zV6_PJ2nyXs.jpg

bA2rFjeDK40.jpg

u20 production leaders. dont forget about the limit for older players in ahl. AHL is league for young players and main teams are interesting in development of young players. KHL isn’t. It’s about winning.
As a devils fan you could know that Shakir was regular top four defenseman this season in KHL and produced 25 points in KHL. It’s a solid result but far from 10 points in 12 games in ahl this year.
Im not saying that Sochi will win against top ahl teams, but top-16 is better in K and top teams will crush A top teams. And don’t forget about the level of goaltending.
In the moment Gritsyuk will easily score in A and that’s what we can ask for in Utica. SKA is playing for the win in every game. And I’m not sure that AHL is third league. SHL is more mature league with tighter games. Very often you can find Liiga hockey as more defensive and structured.

Reactions: BMann

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I was a little disappointed in the pure production earlier in the season but he’s definitely making those concerns look stupid at the moment lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad