LW Arnaud Durandeau - Halifax Mooseheads, QMJHL (2017, 165th, NYI)

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
Scouting reports, NHL projections? Same team as Hischier so I'm sure some people got to see him play

Always the last player to jump in on the goal celebrations because he's so far away from the play... like all the time. 4th line AHL/ ECHL player. nothing to see here.

Reactions: LordNeverLose

Stoneberg

Bored
Nov 10, 2005
Halifax
I'm a STH so I've seen a ton of Durandeau the past two years and I really have no idea why he got drafted. He's got pretty good hands and shows flashes of high skill here and there but most of the time has little to no impact on the game. He's not a very good skater but he does bring some pest type qualities though. I'd say his upside is middle 6 AHL winger. All that being said, I'm far from a scout haha.

Fortier is 10 times the player Durandeau is, at least.

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
I'm a STH so I've seen a ton of Durandeau the past two years and I really have no idea why he got drafted. He's got pretty good hands and shows flashes of high skill here and there but most of the time has little to no impact on the game. He's not a very good skater but he does bring some pest type qualities though. I'd say his upside is middle 6 AHL winger. All that being said, I'm far from a scout haha.

Fortier is 10 times the player Durandeau is, at least.

Yeah durandeau getting drafted over fortier made absolutely no sense... maybe the islanders made a mistake? its hard to waste a 6th round pick... but the islanders found a way

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
The Islanders' Quebec scout was the one who convinced Snow to trade into the 6th round and get him.

So it's a pretty odd scouting report considering that.

It wasn't like they picked him at the spot, they traded to get him.

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
The Islanders' Quebec scout was the one who convinced Snow to trade into the 6th round and get him.

is this true? complete head scratcher.

Stoneberg

Bored
Nov 10, 2005
Halifax

Yeah I guess the scout must have seen something. Like I said, I'm definitely no scout, but I have seen pretty much all of his home games the past 2 years. He's actually one of my favorite guys on the team due to the pest style he developed last year.

He had a handful of really impressive dangles and goals last season but overall I've always seen him as a pretty big flop relative to where the Moose drafted him in the Q entry draft. I guess if the Isles can see the ability to fix and improve his skating markedly that would certainly make a big difference.

I'm looking forward to seeing how much he's improved next season.

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight
Any Halifax fans with some tidbits on how he looked last season? The reports last summer were not positive to say the least lol, did he improve at all?

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Wow, the scouting reports were brutal in here. Damn.

To be honest I was never a fan of the pick. If he was there in the 7th sure take him but it seemed pointless trading a future pick just to grab this guy in the 6th. We have more then enough left wingers on our farm to know what to do with them and he just clutters that space even more. In all reality if and that is a huge if he ever becomes a NHL regular he seems to be a bottom 6 player at best

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
He had a really good season. 4th line upside if he is given 2-3 years in the minors.

A 4th liner who busts his ass and is ready to contribute in 2-3 seasons would be great for a 6th rounder. Seems like he has really improved his skating from 2 years ago when he was drafted.

This kid and Logan Cockerill seem like future 4th line soulmates.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
A 4th liner who busts his ass and is ready to contribute in 2-3 seasons would be great for a 6th rounder. Seems like he has really improved his skating from 2 years ago when he was drafted.

This kid and Logan Cockerill seem like future 4th line soulmates.

Yup, the future of the fourth line could be in question. Martin has one year remaining on his deal, Cizikas two years, and Clutterbuck three years (and has now undergone extensive back surgery).

As Lamoriello goes big game hunting and re-signs his young core, he’s going to need cheap help to come in and fill the bottom of the lineup. The important thing about this is that you have to bring in guys that can maintain that level of toughness that M.C.C those bring to the ice.

Johnston’s obviously willing to drop the gloves for this team, and Durandeau I was under the impression from a scouting report that he also a little bit of an edge and get into people’s heads, even if he’s shrimpy (because sometimes being shrimpy makes it more effective).

And yeah Cockerill, Jenkins, and Pivonka are also in the pipeline. All guys who play hard.

Reactions: PWJunior

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
And yeah Cockerill, Jenkins, and Pivonka are also in the pipeline. All guys who play hard.

I know Pivonka didn't score that many points this season, but I would be surprised if that kid isn't a 4th line center in the NHL. I don't know if he didn't get to play much this season or he didn't play well, but at the NTDP he was a better overall hockey player than some of the players that got to play bigger roles with PP time.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
4 goals (tied for lead on BPT) and 1 assist in his first 10 games as an AHL rookie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad