LW Antonin Verreault - Gatineau Olympiques, QMJHL (2022 draft)

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
He needs to grow a little bit before being considered a legit NHL prospect

If he stays around 5'6 he is gonna have a tough time, as we know

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
He is really establishing himself as a true 1st liner in the Q already as a 16 years old

Now up to 24 points in 26 games

He is pushing himself into that 1st round for 2022 despite his size

Very talented offensively

Reactions: Artorius Horus T

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Paul Kariya type of player maybe?
LW, who is fast, creates lots of scoring chances for others, who has a good shot.

11 games so far this season

31 shots on on goal
10 points (2 goals)
is +2 with 1 x 2 min minor penalty

Andy Lehoux

Jan 2, 2018

"Verreault is a crafty, smart and dynamic playmaker who highlighted an incredible peripheral vision, outstanding creativity and high-end offensive potential. His fantastic four-way mobility, splendid quickness and seamless edge work made his movements quick, yet effortless. He saw the ice extremely well — head up and aware of his surroundings. Verreault did not only share the puck gracefully on the cycle, but he created numerous scoring chances with perfect feeds to the slot. He also scored on a partial breakaway, flashing his snappy wrist shot and great instincts. Verreault radiated energy on the puck pursuit, disturbing the peace of defenders with his pesky hustle and annoying stick. His unfortunate lack of strength and physicality restrained his effectiveness as a forechecker though. Same goes for his puck protection, as he although he exhibited slick puck skills in tight, he could get pinned to the boards far too easily. His overall capabilities in board plays improved from previous viewings though, and he helped on the defensive wall as well. Verreault possesses the talent to be considered a fringe first rounder, but he’ll need to convince scouts that size and physicality won’t be an issue at the next level. At the moment, I view him as a late second round option."

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
He doesn't have the top end offence, but the lad is a complete engine everywhere on the ice. He won't be a top 60 player at the current moment, but I am a big believer is that you need strong utility players to win a Stanley Cup and he's one of those. He's gotta be one of the most complete players in this draft, with one of the best defensive games I've seen to date in this draft class. He knows where to go all the time and pays attention to the little details of the game that leads to profound results. His IQ and anticipation is off the charts level good and just always finds himself in a good area of the ice either for offence or defence. He always finds himself with a good stick in the defensive zone or being in an area where the opposing player with the puck randomly runs into him. This is no fluke, he's good at taking away space with his superb IQ and creates havoc in trying to beat 1v1.

Verreault has problems when it comes to physicality, but he always has his head up and because of that, is quite hard to hit. I do think that IQ also helps him in the offensive zone where his playmaking is his most outstanding quality in this zone. I don't think his vision or puck skills are crazy good like Savoie's, but because his head is always up and surveying, he can make plays at good-enough level. Enough where he should be able to plot in some assists on the third line in the NHL. His skating isn't amazing nor do I think he'll ever be good in the pros, but it's good enough where he's able to get around the surface without any problem. He reminds me of Artturi Lehkonen and those players are quite valuable, but if he's able to increase his talent level, I have no problem comparing him to Yanni Gourde because I think he has some untapped potential in there.

Reactions: LeProspector

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
He is having a great 19 year old season
twice the points what last season, in 2 fewer games, so far

scored 22 points in 9 games in December

36 games
26 goals
30 assists
56 points