LW Andrew Mangiapane - Barrie Colts, OHL (2015, 166th, CGY)

hoc123

Feb 23, 2014
Mangiapane is a 5"10 18 year old "turning 19 on April 4th" who is absolutely crushing the OHL right now. With 73 points in 49 games he's 6th in points "about to be 7th with McDavid about to pass him" 10th in assists and 9th in goals. How good of a chance is there he gets drafted, if he does what round? "I'm guessing 5th to 7th round".

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=223199

Last edited:

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Would absolutely love for my Leafs to snag him if he's still on the board from the fourth round onward. He should have been drafted last year.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
21 points in his last 9 games since being placed with Joseph Blandisi. This kid must be shooting up the draft rankings. I wouldn't be surprised to see him go in the 2nd round.

StatsNightHero

Mar 25, 2014
I saw him play a few games last season, unfortunately none this year. He makes really smart plays everytime he touches the puck. One of those guys you can pass to at anytime and he will know where to put it next. But he is small and I don't think his skating is strong enough to overcome his stature like some other small guys. But definitely worth a shot in the mid to late rounds. His production is impressive and he's a smart player so he could surprise.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
Where is this guy slotted to go? Impressed me a lot this year

Any chance he goes 2nd round?

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Mangiapane is currently 4th in OHL scoring with 23 points in 15 games. Not bad for a 6th rounder.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
29 G and 21 A in his last 23 games. This kid has got to be opening some eyes. Looked really dangerous in Penticton prospect camp.
50 G 51 A 56 GP

L13

Oct 1, 2015
One goal behind Dvorak in the OHL goal-scoring race with one game in hand. Wouldn't be surprised if Mange took the goal-scoring title.

He has lethal offensive instincts, produces offence away from Labanc (although they link up on the powerplay and are dynamite together), and gets ice time in all situations, including the PK. I think he's one of the leading SH goal scorers in the OHL.

He started the season a little slowly, but has been a total beast since his 8-game suspension and especially since the turn of the year.

Really nice player. Can't wait to see how he transitions to the pros.

Siignal

Apr 16, 2014
Berlin
"In the Eastern Conference, the Central Division champion Barrie Colts lead the way with eight players represented across 16 of the 20 different categories highlighted by Calgary Flames prospect Andrew Mangiapane who was named Most Underrated, Best Skater, and Best Shootout Shooter. "

driveway

Feb 13, 2007
Mangiapane has signed an entry level deal with Calgary.

51g 55a 106p in 59 games played this year.

Aug 3, 2010
Good on Mangiapane for not giving up even after not being drafted in his first go at eligibility. Shows good character and good hockey ability despite size concerns.

He doesn't play a Gaudreau style, more of a St Louis-type speedster. He'll have to bulk up that lower core/body in order to find success at the next level.

Calgary has an interesting (and somewhat successful) history with smaller players despite having a relatively "tough" profile according to team identity. Hope this kid turns out.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Certainly impressive numbers, but does he have NHL skill/potential?

I watched the Barrie London game about a month ago on sportsnet. And he was the most dangerous player on the ice. He also was our best forward in Penticton last year and just seems to keep getting better. Definitely has some skill.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad