LW Alexander Holtz - (2020, 7th, NJD)

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
What an amazing season so far. Devils have a good one, their best prospect by far.
Just 3 games where he has not scored at least 1 point.

31 points (15 goals) already this season (1.24 ppg)

Reactions: teddygmr

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
What an amazing season so far. Devils have a good one, their best prospect by far.
Just 3 games where he has not scored at least 1 point.

31 points (15 goals) already this season (1.24 ppg)
He’s not “by far” their best prospect and you know this. Luke Hughes and him are interchangeable

Reactions: KickHisAssZegrass

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
He’s not “by far” their best prospect and you know this. Luke Hughes and him are interchangeable

Well, Luke Hughes is still in the NCAA, time will tell.
Atm, in my opinion he is.

Luke Hughes holds tons of potential
obviously, but last time i checked AHL is a pro league
a relatively good one, and NCAA

maybe by far was a bit too much but, Holtz, atm
is lots better hockey player what Luke Hughes,
ergo; better prospect

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Holtz is projecting to be exactly what the Devils need the most - a right handed , scoring winger than can finish . As good as he is doing this year , I’d like to see him continue to work with Berlin ( Comets assistant coach ) and working on his game without the puck . His play making skill has been good as well and is under rated . Nice to see him scoring in different ways ( dekes , defections , wrist shot , one-timer ) . As crappy as the Devils currently are , it’s nice to see him and Luke ( Gritsyuk also ) developing very nicely . Add them to Jack , Bratt , Mercer , Hamilton and that’s a very good core . Now we “just “ need a #1 goalie ( Blackwood could still be that ?) and complimentary forwards in the style of a Tkachuk . Maybe someone like Crouse / Nichushkin / Marchment ( play a heavy game / net front presence ) Hopefully Chase Stillman can fill role soon or maybe Foote ?

Last edited:
Reactions: John Pedro

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Holtz is continuing to build on a very good rookie season in the AHL . Three point night tonight with 1g 2a. Not only is his shot elite but he is showing that his playmaking ability is under rated and looks very capable. I think his play making goes somewhat unnoticed with how good of a shot he has. Kid is going to be special playing along side Hughes next year.
One of the best PPG rate in recent years from a rookie in the AHL. I think he just past Rantanen to move into the 4th best PPG rate by a rookie in past decade.

Martinez89

May 20, 2019
I admit I was very high on him before 2020 draft and still I am. I had him #4 in my personal ranking in 2020 right after Laf, Stutzle and Byfield. And I was higher on him than Raymond also - didn´t expect Raymond will be that good that soon. But I still believe somehow Holtz will be a better player because I see him among best goalscorers in the league in coming years.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Only if he plays with Bratt ;) I want him working on his skating all summer. Getting that next gear is essential for him reaching top line potential.
His skating looks like it has improved some. But I agree he needs that extra gear or more explosive first step. If you watch his highlight from last nights game , his back check on the PP to break up a short handed 2-1 was impressive. Skating looked decent there.

Reactions: Clam Jensen

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I admit I was very high on him before 2020 draft and still I am. I had him #4 in my personal ranking in 2020 right after Laf, Stutzle and Byfield. And I was higher on him than Raymond also - didn´t expect Raymond will be that good that soon. But I still believe somehow Holtz will be a better player because I see him among best goalscorers in the league in coming years.
I didnt really watch much of him pre-draft. As a Devils fan I was praying for Drysdale or Sanderson to fall with Rossi as a backup plan.

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
Still awhile to judge how good him and his peers from the draft will be. I wanted Sanderson/Drysdale to shore up our defense but Holtz was a big need in the organization. We have some good offensive scorers but Holtz is the real deal. Not many other prospects in any teams NHL system has a shot/release like he does. It's a thing of beauty and he is also proving in his highlights he is an adept playmaker too. If he pans out he will be deadly playing on Hughes wing.

Reactions: teddygmr

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
I think he'll be good in either of our top2 lines. Bratt-Nico needs a finisher like him too. Maybe coach will rather keep Shara-Jack-Mercer line intact and just drop Zacha to 3rd line (Ideally he'd be traded at the draft or for a goalie).

Reactions: Devs3cups

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad