LW Alex Formenton (2017, 47th, OTT)

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
I like to think of him as a beanpole Nichushkin. Great at driving the net and generating breakaways. Struggles a bit when the play is already established in the zone.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Could be Carl Hagelin 2.0 and is one of the youngest prospects in this class. Annoyed that the Yotes passed up on Formenton (thought for sure he'd be on our radar because of our London connection) and Ikonen at 44.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Looked good in Dev camp... He could be an excellent pick... one of the youngest in the draft class ... great wheels , good hands, likes to get involved

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
it almost seems like most sens fans are happier with this pick rather than the Bower's pick.

I think a lot of that has to do with who was still on the table when the Sens picked Bower. I would have loved Kostin, and lots had their eye on Tolvanen. I was hoping Yamamoto would fall to us, but that wasn't in the books.

scallionjj11

FOREVERALFIE
Jun 10, 2009
East Coast
I think a lot of that has to do with who was still on the table when the Sens picked Bower. I would have loved Kostin, and lots had their eye on Tolvanen. I was hoping Yamamoto would fall to us, but that wasn't in the books.

Hopefully Brown can go back to the OHL this year and just rip the league to shreds.

scallionjj11

FOREVERALFIE
Jun 10, 2009
East Coast
Someone was saying in the ottawa prospects thread that they heard Shean Donovan on the radio saying the Formenton has grown an inch and a half since he was drafted 4 months ago.

Does this happen with a lot of recently drafted prospects ?

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Someone was saying in the ottawa prospects thread that they heard Shean Donovan on the radio saying the Formenton has grown an inch and a half since he was drafted 4 months ago.

Does this happen with a lot of recently drafted prospects ?

I'm sure it happens but Formenton is a late bloomer for sure - he was maybe 5'7 when drafted to the OHL.

Tkachuckycheese

Oilers/Sens
Feb 2, 2016
This kid is definitely a steal in the 2nd round for the Sens. Was at the Sens game tonight Brown, Chabot, Chlapík, Lajoie and Formenton were extremely noticeable against the Canadiens. Formenton will make the Sens next year. He will go back to London this season and just dominate.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Biggest surprise in Sens camp, for sure. Kid is a gamer. It's going to be a treat to see him develop as he adds some meat to his bones.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
Add him on to the growing list of Sens prospects who look much further along in their development than anticipated.

I'm biased, but Ottawa has the most underrated prospect pool in the league. I've seen people ranking them as low as 26/27 yet they have 6-7 guys who look to be surefire NHLers are 3-4 with star potential if all goes right.

Reactions: Chip Chipperson

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Add him on to the growing list of Sens prospects who look much further along in their development than anticipated.

I'm biased, but Ottawa has the most underrated prospect pool in the league. I've seen people ranking them as low as 26/27 yet they have 6-7 guys who look to be surefire NHLers are 3-4 with star potential if all goes right.

idk about MOST underrated but in the 20s is insane. they are average at bare minimum.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
This kid is definitely a steal in the 2nd round for the Sens. Was at the Sens game tonight Brown, Chabot, Chlapík, Lajoie and Formenton were extremely noticeable against the Canadiens. Formenton will make the Sens next year. He will go back to London this season and just dominate.

Agreed ,,, he has been impressive... ... just turned 18 this month.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad