LW Aidan McDonough - Northeastern, NCAA (2019, 195th, VAN)

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
This guy was 2018 draft eligible who looks to be exploding this season on a Northeastern team that also features Canuck prospect Tyler Madden. 4 point game today puts him as another freshman at PPG along with Caulfield and Zegras, tho over a year older as he just turned 20 last month (15pts in 15 games)

Would like to also get some feedback from some Northeastern and NCAA fans who have seen more of his game to hear what they have to say

John Johnson

Apr 11, 2019
Haven't watched much if any of NE this year but is he a product of Madden or can he drive offense on his own?

IComeInPeace

Jun 16, 2009
LA
He is playing alongside Madden so that sure doesn’t hurt, but I’m sure like you, when I see the highlights (all I’ve seen as well), he actually looks like he has some decent skill.

With his size, he could be a nice late round find.

His shot is supposed to be a strength. He needs to work on his first step. I’ve also seen a scout say he plays “almost identical to Zach Aston Reese, but bigger.”

It’s virtually impossible to get any updates on him this year (aside from his stats or highlights).

NUhockey

Jul 6, 2010
Boston
Haven't watched much if any of NE this year but is he a product of Madden or can he drive offense on his own?

He definitely benefits from playing with Madden, especially on a deadly power play unit. He's not a slick player by any means but manages well below the net.

From my brief experience watching him:
  • Not a very agile skater, he lumbers around a bit. Doesn't make quick turns.
  • Has a heavy shot with a nice fluid release. He's been a trigger guy on the low wing during the power play.
  • Solid playmaker, not afraid to execute a difficult pass from the corner
  • Lays down some solid hits but could use work in his own end.
Need to see more of how he develops but am pleasantly surprised with his production.

Reactions: John Johnson

M2Beezy

Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Already a goal and 2 assists in a PIVOTAL bean pot game on national TV in Canada and throughout the Boston area. This guy has energy and determination. Hopefully he keeps improving and challenging himself

Man I love this prospect :yo:

Reactions: LickTheEnvelope

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Already a goal and 2 assists in a PIVOTAL bean pot game on national TV in Canada and throughout the Boston area. This guy has energy and determination. Hopefully he keeps improving and challenging himself

Man I love this prospect :yo:

he's one of the most ruthless fore checkers in the college hockey.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Another Judd Bracket find.

Last edited:

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Ended up with a goal and 3 assists in the Bean Pot championship game. From way out here in Vancouver looks like a definite prospect - size, hands and good shot. Anyone closer to the scene provide a a viewpoint on this player.

Last edited:

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
He look very good for a 7th rounder. He is older for a freshman, but PPG would still be solid for a sophomore. Real nice size, and skating ability. He may never pan out, but any type of promise from a guy who was drafted at 195 OA is a good thing.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He look very good for a 7th rounder. He is older for a freshman, but PPG would still be solid for a sophomore. Real nice size, and skating ability. He may never pan out, but any type of promise from a guy who was drafted at 195 OA is a good thing.

I'd think of him more as the age of a college junior than sophomore, although it could go either way. Most people born in November are not part of the next birth year, and are instead just young for their own birth year.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Ended up with a goal and 3 assists in the Bean Pot championship game. From way out here in Vancouver looks like a definite prospect - size, hands and good shot. Anyone closer to the scene provide a a viewpoint on this player.

From the end of 1st period all through the 2nd and the start of 3rd Him and Madden dominated BU every shift.
Once they decided to sit on the 2 goal lead for the final 10 minutes of the 3rd they were done for and got slaughtered the rest of the way.

After that game tying goal with a second left they spent both OT's in their own zone 95% of the time defending. You could tell that goal just ruined them mentally.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

M2Beezy

Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Another hatrick tonight :yo:

This guy DESTROYING the ncaa sene

Any team have an expiring UFA contract 2nd liner the Canucks can gift this guy to your team for? And yes we will throw in a 2nd round pick :nod:

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Another Canucks prospect of course.
Man our drafting has been just silly recently, But man we need to find a stud Defensive D prospect as well soon

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
Another Canucks prospect of course.
Man our drafting has been just silly recently, But man we need to find a stud Defensive D prospect as well soon
I hear Owen Power is pretty good.

I do think Victor Persson has some nice potential for us. Watching that kid play you wonder how he went in the 7th round last year.

M2Beezy

Sponsor
May 25, 2014
I hear Owen Power is pretty good.

I do think Victor Persson has some nice potential for us. Watching that kid play you wonder how he went in the 7th round last year.
1f55982d-cc7e-453b-a19c-7143430f2098-gif.393242

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
Hopefully he is in the (Abbotsford)Canucks lineup next weekend! Kid has size and an NHL level shot.

Reactions: M2Beezy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad