Proposal: LV - TOR minor deal

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
We can do without Leipsic, he has to clear waivers and would not make our team. Bizarre proposal.

As some others have said I would not mind packaging Fehr and some depth winger prospects for a pick or something.

I am I

Feb 18, 2010
leafs have a logjam on the right side, they are weak at the left side beyond this year.

Assuming JVR, Uncle Leo, Rychel and Greening leave? Marleau, Hyman, Leivo, Martin, Johnsson, Grundstrom, Timashov, Lindberg. Also isn't Kapanen capable of playing on the left?

I agree that isn't a murderer's row but it is certainly enough without Leipsic. It isn't like Leipsic has an NHL track record...

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
leafs have a logjam on the right side, they are weak at the left side beyond this year.

not particularly - Kapanen, Leivo on the current roster, Grundstrom, Rychel, Timashov, Johnsson in the AHL who are comparable prospects to Leipsic. If you want to call that unproven, fine, Leipsic doesn't do a lot to remedy that. He'd be great to have back in the AHL to add to the roster of guys that are competing for an NHL spot next year, but we would lose him on waivers

Assuming JVR, Uncle Leo, Rychel and Greening leave? Marleau, Hyman, Leivo, Martin, Johnsson, Grundstrom, Timashov, Lindberg. Also isn't Kapanen capable of playing on the left?

I agree that isn't a murderer's row but it is certainly enough without Leipsic. It isn't like Leipsic has an NHL track record...

he's a better LW imo

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
Leipsic for Fehr, Lindberg + Valiev

Leafs are at 49 contracts and still need to sign Connor Brown, so this deal opens up some spots for some flexibility while bringing back a key Marlie and fan favorite

Los Vegas gets a useful body in Fehr and a couple prospects with some upside.

Yes and no.

They have one possible slide-rule contract.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
TBH I'd give them Fehr, Lindberg and Valiev for free. Fehr's a small cap dump, the 2 marginal prospects may have a little value to make it even out but they're just fat lying around for us with no real chance of making it taking up contract space. At least they're waiver exempt for anyone who would take them as payment I guess. If we could get back Leipsic too in the process than why not I guess but there's really not much room, he'd probably get snatched off waivers when we don't have the room to keep him.

LondonKendrick

Jun 18, 2016
hilarious that Leipsic is now considered an ahl lifer.

Like that at Leafs fan on HF we can't even dream of Leipsic without having to over pay. The handsome OP's offer was an over payment, one NHL (Fehr) and two AHLers for one AHLers....

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Leipsic for Fehr, Lindberg + Valiev

Leafs are at 49 contracts and still need to sign Connor Brown, so this deal opens up some spots for some flexibility while bringing back a key Marlie and fan favorite

Los Vegas gets a useful body in Fehr and a couple prospects with some upside.

What is a "useful body"? Maybe useful is an analogy for "warm"?

LOL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad