Confirmed with Link: Lupul Investigation Complete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerkini

May 31, 2003
Visit site
All Lupul did was potentially end his year long $5m vacation. I'd rather be chilling in Ibiza than getting bag skated every day and sitting in the press box every night.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Lupul was defending himself from a troll by claiming the Maple Leafs organization "cheats?"

That's some logic.

What's wrong with my logic?

Troll says "you, suck, you're made of glass, and can't pass a physical, lol"

Lupul replies "Actually I didn't fail shit, the Leafs are just cheating".

That's the simplest interpretation.

It doesn't really make sense to believe this is Lupul lashing out at the Leafs and trying to change his situation. It was a dumbass social media comment that he immediately deleted.

ukleafsfan

Jun 18, 2009
Newcastle, Uk
I'm not sure how they can prove any wrong doing in order to punish us anyway.

If he passes this second fitness test it doesn't prove that the Leafs did anything wrong.
It may be that his health has improved since we tested him.

To me the worst they can do is say he's now fit so cant be classed as injured.
Seems like a massive grey area to me, are the league now going to independently check everyone?

81Leafs50

May 14, 2010
Toronto
An NHL team can't send a player with a standard players' contract to the ECHL without the player's consent.

AHL is just as good as the AHL. its not like the Leafs will get more cap relief if Lupul plays in the ECHL or AHL.

If he is healthy than the Leafs will probably suspend him without pay for violating some team policy. cap hit sent down to AHl and recoup about 1.1 mill on the cap.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
I'm not sure how they can prove any wrong doing in order to punish us anyway.

If he passes this second fitness test it doesn't prove that the Leafs did anything wrong.
It may be that his health has improved since we tested him.

To me the worst they can do is say he's now fit so cant be classed as injured.
Seems like a massive grey area to me, are the league now going to independently check everyone?

You can't really. Just because he maybe passes one doctor's physical examination, doesn't mean the other's was inherently wrong. We also have no idea what standard is being used to assess a pass or a fail.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
You can't really. Just because he maybe passes one doctor's physical examination, doesn't mean the other's was inherently wrong. We also have no idea what standard is being used to assess a pass or a fail.

There's also the likely situation of him being "healthy" but nowhere near game-shape. I don't know what that would mean.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
There's also the likely situation of him being "healthy" but nowhere near game-shape. I don't know what that would mean.

I guess it would mean you could fail your physical but not be deemed to have a career ending injury.
So no LTIR, but you aren't cleared to play until you put in some major work both with exercise and diet. A player has a responsibility to maintain peak performance. Has Lupul done this? I can't say.
It might take him 6 months on the Marlies with a personal trainer etc. to get back to NHL game shape.
Hard to say. At the end of the day, he still failed his physical. Now is he LTIR?

Erndog

Jul 17, 2007
Just heard Daly on hockeycentral.

Said the leagues 2nd (independent) diagnosis failed Lupul's medical and he is eligible for LTIR.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
What's wrong with my logic?

Troll says "you, suck, you're made of glass, and can't pass a physical, lol"

Lupul replies "Actually I didn't fail ****, the Leafs are just cheating".

That's the simplest interpretation.

It doesn't really make sense to believe this is Lupul lashing out at the Leafs and trying to change his situation. It was a dumbass social media comment that he immediately deleted.

This. The fact that this comment was almost immediately deleted tells us all we need to know.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
good news

now we can forget about Lupes and get on with the season

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Just heard Daly on hockeycentral.

Said the leagues 2nd (independent) diagnosis failed Lupul's medical and he is eligible for LTIR.

He passed the 1st? A tie breaker! Wow this really came down to the wire haha.

GlitchMarner

Typical malevolent, devious & vile Maple Leafs fan
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
I don't hate Lupul. He was a good player before injuries destroyed him. I actually kind of feel bad for him.

However, he did make me lose some respect for him because of that social media remark. He needs to be smarter than he was when he made that comment. It was highly unprofessional, especially considering he was legitimately not fit to play in the first place.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I don't hate Lupul. He was a good player before injuries destroyed him. I actually kind of feel bad for him.

However, he did make me lose some respect for him because of that social media remark. He needs to be smarter than he was when he made that comment. It was highly unprofessional, especially considering he was legitimately not fit to play in the first place.

Alcohol. It's a thing. :laugh:

Reactions: Macallan18
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad