Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
Last edited by a moderator:

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
IDOH

Our first look at a Nonis contract possibly.

Jerkini

May 31, 2003
Visit site
5.75 mil per 5 years

Really? For one year of great hockey? He's played in like 9 NHL seasons. One year isn't enough to earn that kind of cash. If he repeats again, i'd trade him at the deadline (assuming we're in the basement) and use that money (and more) to attempt to sign Perry in the off season.

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
Something about signing a player right after a breakout season (although a shortened one) doesn't sit well with me.

I'd like to see how he does in this shortened season before throwing big money and term at him (and yes, I know he's been productive in the past).

I hope they are just seeing where his camp's head's at #'s wise first.

He's a good player, but odds are he's not going to maintain his all-star performance from last season.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
ya I hope we re-sign him too. what impressed me is also his physical side. he was skating hard and finishing checks, winning battles and that's to go along with the offensive ability he showed last season. not to mention he can flat out snipe.

keep this guy.

JMcLeaf

Something about signing a player right after a breakout season (although a shortened one) doesn't sit well with me.

I'd like to see how he does in this shortened season before throwing big money and term at him (and yes, I know he's been productive in the past).

He's a good player, but odds are he's not going to maintain his all-star performance from last season.

This.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
I could be wrong but I think you guys are going a bit high. I'd like to see something like 4-4.5 x 3 years. To me with the Cap going down pay outs need to come down a little.

cup67

May 8, 2010
TORONTO
Really? For one year of great hockey? He's played in like 9 NHL seasons. One year isn't enough to earn that kind of cash. If he repeats again, i'd trade him at the deadline (assuming we're in the basement) and use that money (and more) to attempt to sign Perry in the off season.

should get more than grabo

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008

Voice of reason as always JE.

Lupul probably isnt a PPG player ever again. Thats not to say he cant be a 60 - 65 pt guy over a full season, but obviously caution is needed

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
At least wait like 20-25 games and see how he does before talking extension. I don't think Lupul can repeat that season again and Leafs shouldn't pay him to be that type of player.

cup67

May 8, 2010
TORONTO
At least wait like 20-25 games and see how he does before talking extension. I don't think Lupul can repeat that season again and Leafs shouldn't pay him to be that type of player.

and if he does , he is going to want 6 mil per year,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, he is the real deal, leader and point producer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad