Luongo VS Price VS Dipietro VS Lehtonen VS Fleury

Which one of these goalies was the best as a prospect?

• Total voters

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
In b4 Milbury comments

Gotta think on this one for a minute. Reach into the ol memory bank

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Voted Price

I'm a habs fan - i'm not trying to be bias but i do remember his hype. As an undrafted prospect, but also once he was drafted there was hype about how he'd be the best in the league.

Even though Fleury went #1 i simply don't recall that same feeling about him. Career goalie? Sure. #1 in league? I don't remember it, but i could be off.

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
Voted Price

I'm a habs fan - i'm not trying to be bias but i do remember his hype. As an undrafted prospect, but also once he was drafted there was hype about how he'd be the best in the league.

Even though Fleury went #1 i simply don't recall that same feeling about him. Career goalie? Sure. #1 in league? I don't remember it, but i could be off.

I think Price would be last on this list

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Need to go back unto the archives but my first impression was that it was Luongo. He kind of started the ball rolling with the high drafted goalies and I think it was because people thought he was just that good

singlesliceofcheese

May 9, 2018
I think there's much recency bias here. Pundits and Montreal fans weren't too fond of Price when he was drafted at fifth. Dipietro was pegged as a franchise goaltender, despite his well, you know, less-than-great career.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
I have no clue since I’m too young to have watched them in their prospect age but without voting I’ll guess Dipietro?

shelf

Nov 4, 2006
London ONtario
Lehtonen led the Finish league in SV% and won the Championship with the highest SV% in the playoffs. Also had a 1.17 GAA and .943 SV% in the world juniors. How do you even top that?

tgo0

Aug 28, 2007
Winnipeg
Hard for me to remember but at first glance I remember the most hype around Luongo. That could've been because of his WJC performances in Winnipeg that stuck in my mind.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad