Luongo becomes 2nd goalie all time with 200 wins on more the one team

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Was he pulled in three straight road games. Yes or no? It's a fact. What do I need to explain?
At any point in his career? Not that I can recall, but I suppose it's possible. In the Stanley Cup finals? No. He was not pulled at all in game 3, or any home game. As I already stated, he was pulled in the 1st period in 1 game (game 6) and in the third period of another (game 4).

If you would like to be accurate, you could say he was pulled in back to back road games. That would be true. But you not only are claiming he was pulled in 3 straight road games, but you actually claimed that: "He was pulled ten minutes into every road game."

Join us in reality, won't you?

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
At any point in his career? Not that I can recall, but I suppose it's possible. In the Stanley Cup finals? No. He was not pulled at all in game 3, or any home game. As I already stated, he was pulled in the 1st period in 1 game (game 6) and in the third period of another (game 4).

If you would like to be accurate, you could say he was pulled in back to back road games. That would be true. But you not only are claiming he was pulled in 3 straight road games, but you actually claimed that: "He was pulled ten minutes into every road game."

Join us in reality, won't you?

I looked at the boxscore and assumed he was pulled in game 3. I forgot. Nonetheless, he was atrocious.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Damn that's weird. He will always be a Canuck to me, as a Kings fan

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
I looked at the boxscore and assumed he was pulled in game 3. I forgot. Nonetheless, he was atrocious.

He was terrible and brilliant. The entire Canucks team is to blame. Luongo was awesome and he was terrible too.

Theodoriph

Jul 16, 2009
The only way Vancouver was winning that series is if they had a literal brick wall covering the entire net and even then, I'm not so sure they would have scored. Their offense was beyond terrible.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
He was pulled ten minutes into every road game. He's a big reason they lost. Furthermore, he nearly lost a 2-0 lead in the gold medal game. He's just not a guy who could handle pressure well.

Game 7 against Chicago. I don't know how he could possibly have had anymore pressure on him and he played spectacularly.

My heart skipped a beat watching Toews stickhandle around Bieksa to feed Sharp cross crease on the PP in OT, but Luongo got across. True game saving stop.

Same thing against Dallas in 2007. He made 72 freaking saves in game 1. Then in game 7, 10 mins left in the 3rd Canucks up 2-1, who could forget; "He just robbed Stu Barnes!", game saver.

LA in 2010 with the big save on Jack Johnson in OT (game 1). The rolling glove save on Smyth in game 6. The breakaway save on Frolov in game 4 (was a real turning point, if that goes in the Nucks likely go down 3-1).

I disagree with this. He proved alot of times he could come up big when the Canucks needed him.

Reactions: daddyohsix

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Almost too consistent. Wish he got at least 1 Vezina.

Yeah. That's really the big chink in his armour as a potential first ballot HOFer. Didn't have that one peak career moment where he took home a personal award like the Vezina as the very best. And didn't quite manage to check that Stanley Cup box on his HOF application either.

Everything else is there though. He was consistently one of the best in the league for a long time, and he's padded out the rest of his years with solid starter play continuing to notch wins.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Was he pulled in three straight road games. Yes or no? It's a fact. What do I need to explain?

Was our defence depleted with injuries and suspensions (Top pairing shut down man in Hamhuis out, Ehrhoff separated shoulder, Edler broken fingers, Rome suspended, etc.). Yes or no? It's a fact. Why do I need to explain the context for why your opinion is misguided?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad