Proposal: Lundqvist vs Allen

inxs

Jun 13, 2011
Jake Allen does not do the work. Hutton a good backup. Rangers have the means to pay the salary and go in their new direction.

to Rangers : Jake Allen + Patrik Berglund

To St-Louis : Henrik Lundqvist
fss_cold.png
(pay by rangers 50%)

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
LOL, Rangers would never do it.

I’m probably the only Blues fan that would do it. But I would do Allen for Darling.

Dominicr

Nov 23, 2017
Jake Allen does not do the work. Hutton a good backup. Rangers have the means to pay the salary and go in their new direction.

to Rangers : Jake Allen + Patrik Berglund

To St-Louis : Henrik Lundqvist
fss_cold.png
(pay by rangers 50%)

What else does St. Louis have to add? Jake Allen doesn’t even have the value of a broken washing machine.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
dont see the rangers having ANY interest in this deal.

Allen + top prospect (thomas/kyrou/thompson) for a retained Lundqvist maybe

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Hank wants to retire a Ranger.
MAYBE he'd consider being de facto loaned out this year, then returned.
Since restrictions on retained players returning, that is out.
Hank must go out at full 8.5 + pick/prospect.
Then next yr NYR reacquire for 7th.

if big salary to NY not expiring then it must also go back

e.g. Crawford/Hank

-------
we'll take assets for Pavlec, G prospects
make an offer

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Give us Thomas instead of Berglund and then we are talking.

Taking on Berglund AND retaining on Lundqvist is ridiculous.

That's $8 million in cap over the next 4-5 years, and then another $4.25 million in retention for the next 3 seasons. With no incentive whatsoever.

Awful. Just awful. Awful awful awful.

Last edited:

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
St. Louis could definitely be a threat with Lundqvist, but this deal is awful for the Rangers.

If one of Thomas or Kyrou is involved then yes, otherwise no.

Yakupov64

Dec 25, 2017
If your counter for a 35 year old lundqvist includes thomas or kyrou, you're insane. Why would we not instead just call montreal and offer one of them to them in a package for a 30 year old Price?

I think maybe fabbri could be included and he would make more sense for the rangers anyway. Despite his injuries, he has nhl experience which will be at least one filled decent young roster spot for the rebuild. I think if they'd be willing to give a little and work with fabbri, something could work. But if it's thomas or kyrou I'm calling montreal.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
If your counter for a 35 year old lundqvist includes thomas or kyrou, you're insane. Why would we not instead just call montreal and offer one of them to them in a package for a 30 year old Price?

I think maybe fabbri could be included and he would make more sense for the rangers anyway. Despite his injuries, he has nhl experience which will be at least one filled decent young roster spot for the rebuild. I think if they'd be willing to give a little and work with fabbri, something could work. But if it's thomas or kyrou I'm calling montreal.
None of Fabbri, Thomas, Kyrou, Thompson, or Kostin are going for a goalie. If needed the Blues can ride Allen to mediocrity until Husso is ready.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I have zero interest in trading for a big name goalie....but wtf is this? There is zero reason for NY to do this.

Yakupov64

Dec 25, 2017
None of Fabbri, Thomas, Kyrou, Thompson, or Kostin are going for a goalie. If needed the Blues can ride Allen to mediocrity until Husso is ready.
Oh I know we wouldn't do either. I'm just making the point that while we would never trade for a goalie in general, we especially wouldn't target lundqvist when we can have price instead for one of those two

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad