Proposal: Lundqvist to the Oilers

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
The Rangers are rebuilding and we know Lundqvist doesn't want to go down as the best goalie to never win a cup.

Lundqvist (20% cap retention)

for

Lucic
Talbot
1st in 19
1st in 20

cap wise the Oilers save $4 million for other moves and arguably become a playoff team, Rangers have almost unlimited cap space so it doesn't matter

Nobody wants Lucic. Stop trying to dump him on teams. Also, Rangers IMO, the Rangers will never trade Lundqvist. He will retire a Ranger. I figure he'll eventually take a backup role here. AV's defensive system was non existent. I think you will see Hank rebound numbers wise over the next few years.

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
Lundqvist won't even wave to go to a contender. It was reported he had the opportunity to try to do so last year and refused. He wants to stay in New York his entire life, which likely means no cup, unfortunately.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Lundqvist won't even wave to go to a contender. It was reported he had the opportunity to try to do so last year and refused. He wants to stay in New York his entire life, which likely means no cup, unfortunately.
It's not a one time, final answer proposition. If management is smart here, they leave the door open for him to change his mind and also keep an eye on developments throughout the league.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
We need those 1st round picks more than an upgrade in net. We are not a legit contender to justify a move like this atm

Numbers

Talbot 67 games 3.02 GAA .908 Save %
Lundquist 63 games 2.98 GAA .915 %

GAA .04 Save % .07--

Lundquist is 36 Talbot 31 and Lundquist is on 8.5 cap hit

this is not a prime Lundquist

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
The Rangers are rebuilding and we know Lundqvist doesn't want to go down as the best goalie to never win a cup.

for

Lucic
Talbot
1st in 19
1st in 20

cap wise the Oilers save $4 million for other moves and arguably become a playoff team, Rangers have almost unlimited cap space so it doesn't matter

Trolly no trolling

Devilsrock17

Jun 20, 2018
I would be shocked if they try and move Lundqvist I really would. If by chance they move him,there gonna move him to a team he can backup to not a number one anymore. Maybe the Sharks would be a good fit.Aarron Dell wants to be a number one and the rangers are rebuilding so I can see a fit there in some regard.

Jamin

Aug 25, 2009
Nobody wants Lucic. Stop trying to dump him on teams. Also, Rangers IMO, the Rangers will never trade Lundqvist. He will retire a Ranger. I figure he'll eventually take a backup role here. AV's defensive system was non existent. I think you will see Hank rebound numbers wise over the next few years.
Based on name I would say OP is a Ranger fan or a troll. Your getting mad for no reason, this wasn't an oiler fan dumping lucic

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016

for

Lucic
Talbot
1st in 19
1st in 20

Nah oilers need those picks and we will just see if Talbot bounces

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Two firsts to dump Lucic and get a 36 year old goalie? Not a chance.

We need to keep our firsts and keep swinging away in the draft - drafting has been a strong suit for Chia.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
You'd be better off using those picks to acquire someone like Shattenkirk, Kreider or Zuccarello. Dump Lucic the other way and try and fill out your roster some more.

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
Says Lundqvist wants to win a Cup. Trades him to a team that had one more regular season point than the Rangers last year.

Reactions: Brock Radunske

charliemurphy

Feb 16, 2004
Brooklyn, NY

for

Lucic
Talbot
1st in 19
1st in 20

Why would Lundqvist leave NY for Edmonton?

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012

for

Lucic
Talbot
1st in 19
1st in 20

Lundqvist was one of the best for his whole career but he doesn't hold anywhere near that value any more

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
lmao you're dreaming if you think he is worth that much. Salary wise the Oilers couldn't even afford to swap Talbot for Lundqvist, let alone gift the rangers 2 first round pick to take an aging no longer elite goalie 8.5 million till he is almost 40.

Just an embarrassingly bad proposal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad