Proposal: Lundqvist to the Oilers

Linda Bacon

Canada fan
Nov 7, 2017
The Rangers are rebuilding and we know Lundqvist doesn't want to go down as the best goalie to never win a cup.

Lundqvist (20% cap retention)

for

Lucic
Talbot
1st in 19
1st in 20

cap wise the Oilers save $4 million for other moves and arguably become a playoff team, Rangers have almost unlimited cap space so it doesn't matter

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Lundqvist isn’t worth that anymore. Still a good goalie, not worth that at his age.

Edit: I didn’t see Lucic.

Reactions: searle

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
The Rangers are rebuilding and we know Lundqvist doesn't want to go down as the best goalie to never win a cup.

for

Lucic
Talbot
1st in 19
1st in 20

cap wise the Oilers save $4 million for other moves and arguably become a playoff team, Rangers have almost unlimited cap space so it doesn't matter

heaven help the oilers if those are lottery picks... no real guarantee they wont be

Reactions: Jshort12

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Lundqvist is pretty old and doesn't fit our core's age. We should be looking to go younger. In terms of value, take out one of the firsts.

Cue the Oilers are never winning the cup jokes. I can see them already.

Reactions: Pointteen

Linda Bacon

Canada fan
Nov 7, 2017
Lundqvist was amazing last year, I don't think he'll have any problem fulfilling his contract

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Nothing goes without the King's say so. Revisit this in January when being part of a rebuild sinks in. He may want to go at that point.

Reactions: KarmaPolice

yababy

Jun 26, 2015

for

Lucic
Talbot
1st in 19
1st in 20

Talbot is worth more than Lundqvist. Same stats, cheaper, younger.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
Lundqvist is pretty old and doesn't fit our core's age. We should be looking to go younger. In terms of value, take out one of the firsts.

Cue the Oilers are never winning the cup jokes. I can see them already.

he'd be a hell of an edition to the dressing room. the guy is a health and fitness freak with a top notch work ethic. It would be a kind of mentorship the whole team could benefit from. Lundqvist can still play even thought he's older than the core.

one can dream

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
I am a Rangers fan and this deal is absolutely dreadful for the Oilers. It would potentially destroy McDavid’s prime.

Lundqvist is mediocre goalie at this point, slightly better than Talbot. At his age he could drop off a cliff in the blink of an eye. Giving up 2 1sts for him would be psychotic.

There are better ways to move Lucic’s contract.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
helllllll no. Who would pay that ludicrous asking price for a goalie his age and with the contract he has?

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
he'd be a hell of an edition to the dressing room. the guy is a health and fitness freak with a top notch work ethic. It would be a kind of mentorship the whole team could benefit from. Lundqvist can still play even thought he's older than the core.

one can dream
He loves living in NY too much to waive his NMC to go anywhere. Its a pipe dream of the highest order.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Does Henrik have any interest in leaving New York?
NYR have asked him if he wanted to be traded and he said no. So no
I don’t know how many times I have to repeat myself but Hank isn’t going to be traded unless it’s a massive overpayment; which likely won’t happen because of contract+age. I wouldn’t do this deal and I doubt the Oilers would as well. Legit the only way I’d think of trading Hank is if he truly wants out to a team of his choice

Reactions: Joey Bones

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
no to Lundqvist.

Although we are game for Georgiev. Come on, Shestyorkin is on his way.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
All Lundqvist threads should just be locked lol

He isn't being traded

He doesn't have that value

He holds much more value to the Rangers themselves

He isn't being traded

These threads devolve into crap shows

He isn't being traded

The S5