aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
latest

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
I'm not sure how far Sproul falls from the standards of Pionk and to a lesser degree Gilmour but it really doesn't hurt to have them replace the standards of Marc Staal, Brenden Smith, and Steve Kampfer. The call ups are all young rested players with good skating playing their best hockey.

We haven't had an acceptable defense corp for a long time with Girardi, Staal, Kampfer, Holden taking up 50% of the ice time while icing bare minimum NHL quality play. The 2012 days of two goals or less for Henrik and the team seems like a enchanted fairy tale. A lot of it is due to the "keep them to the outside but let them do whatever they want" strategy of AV's but a lot of it is also his choice of "keep them to the outside but let them do whatever they want" type defensemen.

It's only a matter of time before AV ruins the call ups that have been great.
Why are they rested?

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
Dark in the city, night is a wire
Steam in the subway,the Gardens on fire
Do do do do do do do dodo dododo dodo
Rick Nash you want him, give us a sign,
And Captain Ryan's even closer behind
Do do do do do do do dodo dododo dodo
In touch with the phone, he's lost and he's found,
JG's on the hunt, he's after you.
Grabner's outbound, till prospects are found
And we're hungry like the wolf-pack.

Apologies Duran Duran
Wow. I think I’ve hit my limit on this board

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Here's what our roster looks like if we sell off all the UFAs and still make the playoffs.

Kreider-Zibanejad-Buchnevich
Zuccarello-Hayes-Fast
Vesey-Miller-Lettieri
Carey-Holland-McLeod

McDonagh-DeAngelo
Skjei-Shattenkirk
Staal-Pionk

The sale of Grabner, Nash, Holden are offset by the return of Kreider, Buchnevich, Shattenkirk.

With that team I'm rolling 3 lines for 95% of the game. Miller at center because I cannot stomach having Holland as 3C for one more game.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Here's what our roster looks like if we sell off all the UFAs and still make the playoffs.

Kreider-Zibanejad-Buchnevich
Zuccarello-Hayes-Fast
Vesey-Miller-Lettieri
Carey-Holland-McLeod

McDonagh-DeAngelo
Skjei-Shattenkirk
Staal-Pionk

The sale of Grabner, Nash, Holden are offset by the return of Kreider, Buchnevich, Shattenkirk.

With that team I'm rolling 3 lines for 95% of the game. Miller at center because I cannot stomach having Holland as 3C for one more game.

If for some reason we make the playoffs, Chytil and Andersson gotta be called up, McLeod and Holland come out of the lineup.

KZB
Chytil-Miller-Zuccarello
Andersson-Hayes-Lettieri
Vesey-Carey-Fast

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Announcing the tank was secretly management kicking the team in the ass
NHL Trade Buzz: Rangers selling? Wild coach Boudreau not buying it

"If anybody's gonna take [New York] lightly, it's certainly not me. I think [general manager] Jeff Gorton is either a genius and knew that that was going to happen, or the players said … 'we're gonna show you that we don't need to abandon,'" Boudreau said Tuesday at the Wild's morning skate.

"Since that letter came out they've played awful good, and that's the team I expect to be playing tonight."

Boudreau ain't no fool :naughty:

Reactions: Vinny DeAngelo

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I really like these lines other than McLeod (considering what we have to work with rn), Pionk against Minnys first line should be interesting to see how he does, I think this game will tell a lot about Pionk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad