Speculation: Lundestrom vs k’andre miller

would you rather have a shut down 3c or a top 4 physical pmd ?

• Miller

Votes: 13 61.9%
  • Lundestrom

Votes: 8 38.1%

• Total voters

Tactical Quack

Mar 15, 2022
So in 2018 we took Lundy at 23 overall.

In a post first round interview with Martin madden he said they were going to take a defenseman who was taken just before their pick at 23

That defenseman was k’andre miller with the rangers as he was taken at 22

So the poll is would you rather have a shut down 3c or a top 4 physical pmd ?

Reactions: Boo Boo

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
This is a dumb effing question. That being said, I'm still taking K'Andre Miller if given the choice.

Reactions: bsu

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
Don't know enough of Miller to have an opinion but I don't get how this is a dumb question?

Agree. Miller has stood out to me the few times I've seen him, but haven't formulated an opinion as of yet. I don't expect much more offense from Lundestrom, but he's a hell of a player and I'm glad we have him.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Lundy needs to show continued progression offensively and defensively, but right now I would think most teams would prefer Miller. Its more rare to find a 2 way dman with his size and skating.

Tactical Quack

Mar 15, 2022
I love it. With miller in the playoffs I thought it was an interesting question knowing what madden had said. Then you get your poster who decides to derail a logical question with a snark remark. Answer the question or move on

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I love it. With miller in the playoffs I thought it was an interesting question knowing what madden had said. Then you get your poster who decides to derail a logical question with a snark remark. Answer the question or move on
It's a bit of an odd question because there wasn't the option at the time, the Rangers went and got him. Just sort of boils down to were the Ducks unfortunate or not and it just doesn't remotely compare to other hypothetical of this nature in either direction. Which doesn't mean it isn't discussion worthy but people will gravitate towards that.

Having said that, I think the Ducks were probably unfortunate but it's so close and so early that I really don't know. Either way I suspect the Ducks won't be too heartbroken over what transpired.

IDuck

Sep 26, 2007
in general? a top4 PMD always

this team RIGHT NOW? a top 4 PMD

now miller vs lundestrom right now with what they have shown? probably miller but i do agree that i think lundy is still improving and i think has the ability play a more offensive game and thrive if given the chance.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Can easily see the Ducks drafting a K’Andre Miller type within the next 2 years. He’s not Adam Fox, but I can see Drysdale getting somewhat close to Fox’s level, his skating will help him make up other aspects of Fox’s game. Even if Fox is and will be the better D.

Rangers D works because they compliment each-other well. Outside of Fox they are not elite or even high-end, but they are solid and are a reliable Top 4.

Ducks need to get those complementary D partners and they don’t need to be superstars just better than a bottom pairing. Once the Ducks Top 4 D is solid can start turning the page and being to compete again within 2-3 years.

Miller is a big physical D with a long reach and offensive potential. He’d do wonders if he was Drysdale’s partner. Just have to hope they can get that big physical partner for him.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad