Lulls suck ! How about this .....?

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
Memphis rasslin’ is fantastic but as a kid, it was Maple Leaf Wrestling which showed the best of the NWA, AWA and WWF. Good times
Yes man! I remember seeing the Abdullah the Butcher feud with the Rougeau brothers from AWA, that blew my mind. Plus they had the Road Warriors and Ric Flair, Midnight Express etc. from NWA. That show was great!

as Pure as Evil

Sep 18, 2011
Hell, Alberta
tv
ozark
sons of anarchy
warrior( new tv show) not the movie
the boys
lucifer
sherlock
firefly
peaky blinders

movies

early george a romero zombie flix
serenity
conan
predator
rocknrolla
and so much more ..
silverado (by far the most underated western of all time) great cast too found the trailer so i linked it incase no one has seen it

Last edited:
Reactions: Teeder Keon

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012
Also not many of you remember this show let alone in black and white
Wow what a trip

Not in b&w, but I do remember it from the late 70s. Also remembered this guy as a result of the prompt:

Jan Rubes -- Guess What? (TVO - 1975 so says another citation)

Later more famous for his role in Witness. This scene in particular I pinched often and used at the most irritating moments on buddies to wake them up - road trip, closing time...

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
Not in b&w, but I do remember it from the late 70s. Also remembered this guy as a result of the prompt:

Jan Rubes -- Guess What? (TVO - 1975 so says another citation)

Later more famous for his role in Witness. This scene in particular I pinched often and used at the most irritating moments on buddies to wake them up - road trip, closing time...

Wow that was crazy lololol

Reactions: ITM

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Here are some really good Asian flicks I liked , all worth watching !! there are a lot more too

• the man from nowhere
  • I saw the devil
  • Old boy
  • the raid
  • a bittersweet life
  • IP man (all of them)

crazy samurai musashi ... I just watched this a few days ago, the entire movie is a fight seen and one guy fighting 400 other guys lol, very cool movie

Last edited by a moderator:

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
Hilarious House of Frightenstein....hahahaha! That show was insane! I was scared crapless of that show at 5 or 6 years old. Every character was intimidating to me. The intro was also horrifying, as was the creepy echo/reverb in that studio. LOL

Bloomberg

Jun 20, 2014
TV
Game of Thrones
Sherlock
The Office (US)
How I Met Your Mother
Fleabag

Movies
Love Actually
Pride and Prejudice
Schindler's List
Edge of Tomorrow
The Guilty

budzz

History is just that.
Jan 26, 2015
TV
Get Smart
I dream of Jeannie (Barbara Eden in those cute outfits begging to serve her master? I think I became a man watching that lol)
Gilligans Island (see above, don't get me started on Ginger vs Maryanne)
X-Files
HNIC back when it was good
Bugs Bunny Road Runner Hour

Movies
Pulp Fiction or Reservoir Dogs (or ANY Tarantino movie except the last one)
Back to the Future
2012 (Love good special effects)
Kung Fu Hustle (one of my new favourites)
Independance Day

Last edited:

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Memphis rasslin’ is fantastic but as a kid, it was Maple Leaf Wrestling which showed the best of the NWA, AWA and WWF. Good times

don't know how old you are but there used to be a guy called The Beast AKA The Sicilian Beast, he was friends with my Pops his real name was John Yachetti, he was a really nice guy although his ring persona he was like a "beast from the wilds of Sicily"

Teeder Keon

Mar 11, 2019
don't know how old you are but there used to be a guy called The Beast AKA The Sicilian Beast, he was friends with my Pops his real name was John Yachetti, he was a really nice guy although his ring persona he was like a "beast from the wilds of Sicily"
That’s awesome
He used to come through Maple Leaf wrestling with the likes of Pompero Firpo , Sweet Daddy Siki original sheik lol
Unfortunately lol we were friends with Johnny K9 ( Bruiser Bedlam later at Smoky Mountain Rasslin with Cornette
Also knew a couple of the older mid carders on the circuit
We used to go to the old Hamilton arena in Barton and watch rassslin the the 60-70s

Teeder Keon

Mar 11, 2019
Saw Sweet Daddy Siki playing with his band in a dive bar in Toronto (Edgewater) surreal.

Watched Maple Leaf wrestlers Flying Fred Curry, Hastack Calhoun, Love Brothers, Lord Athol Layton On Saturday afternoons - channel 11-great times
Now that’s cool ......
I think the announcer was Norm Kimber ? Could be wrong spelling ??
Reginald and Hartford they were my favourites..... lol they were awesome Heels , the best
Great names you pulled out there..;)

Reactions: the squared circle

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
That’s awesome
He used to come through Maple Leaf wrestling with the likes of Pompero Firpo , Sweet Daddy Siki original sheik lol
Unfortunately lol we were friends with Johnny K9 ( Bruiser Bedlam later at Smoky Mountain Rasslin with Cornette
Also knew a couple of the older mid carders on the circuit
We used to go to the old Hamilton arena in Barton and watch rassslin the the 60-70s

and in the blue corner hailing from Boston Mass-a-chew-sets Hartford and Reginald Love...The Love Brothers

too funny, one guy from St Johns and the other one from the hammer

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Speaking of lulls, hope we all enjoyed this one, because there is only 1 instance of more than 2 days without a game from here to the end of the season, and only 1 other instance of 2 days without a game.

April 8, 9 are two days off in a row, April 25, 26, 27 is the three day rest period.

There are 4 sets of back to backs. Its going to be a helluva ride to May 8 (or later if the season gets extended).

Also of note, April brings only 5 homes games out of 15!

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
I used to go to MLG on a Sunday night or afternoon, cant remember? when i was a kid, Mosca destroying everyone ... I almost got into a fight one time with a fanatical fan because i was cheering on the bad guy lol

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
Movies
1. The Warriors (first 'adult' movie I saw as a kid. Became the gold standard)
2. Taxi Driver
3. Joker
4. Dazed and Confused
5. Apocalypto (watch this if you haven't!)
6. Dogged Day Afternoon
7. Star Wars
8. Deliverance
9. Superbad
10. Spinal Tap

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad