Luke Schenn

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
How has Schenn been playing for you guys? Was interesting to hear Chayka talk about rebuilding his game in Arizona over the summer and was surprised to see him listed on a defense pair with a rookie like Jakob Chychrun, so I wanted to check in on the situation...

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
He is a great third pairing defenseman. Started on the second pair until Stone came back and was decent there but his shortcomings were more apparent. Played a game with OEL too but didn't have the same chemistry that OEL and Murphy have. Since Stone's return he has looked great. Absolutely no complaints. Makes decent outlet passes, his physical around the net and has been decent on the PK. He has been off his assignment occasionally, but the entire team has had lapses here. Grossman looked great early in the season last year as well though and then burnt out by December. Hoping Schenn can keep this up.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
It's sort of the fate of bottom pair guys to get crapped on. Especially when they are making too much money. Schenn has been fine, imo. Decent value on this contract, relatively solid. I don't want him playing 25 minutes a night, but he's fine on the bottom pair.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Much better than expected, he's at least a competent third pairing guy. I don't think he was bad on the second even.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad