Luke Schenn

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Could not be happier with Luke. He and Kimmo have been playing very well together. The kid blocks shots and I really like the way he plays in front of our net and takes his man out. He has that nasty attitude that seems to rub off on the other defensemen. As I have said before, when Mez returns I really like our top five right now. As far as James goes it was time fot him to move on. A change may have been what he needed. The talent was there but there were far to many games where he was a none factor. Glad he is playing well for you as we Jersey guys have to stick together. But I hope Luke is here for another 10 years.
Thanks

Great to hear about Luke! He's a fantastic person with great upside in the NHL. He'll be a good #2 on a playoff team one day.

JvR has been very good for the Leafs and has put up 7+2 in his 12 games so far. Since he's playing with Kessel on the top line, his stats may be a bit inflated, but he's doing everything we hoped he would. Crashes the net and protects the puck well in the offensive zone. His defensive play is surprisingly steady as well and has been giving it his all every game.

Glad to see both fanbases happy with the trade. Two good young players who just needed a change of scenery and system.

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
Luke seems to know when to go for the hit and when to stay back. It's burned him a few times, but overall he's been quite good at reading the play. I noticed today that opposing players are starting to look hesitant when they have to go in the corner with Luke (both Staal's today showed slight hesitations).

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Luke seems to know when to go for the hit and when to stay back. It's burned him a few times, but overall he's been quite good at reading the play. I noticed today that opposing players are starting to look hesitant when they have to go in the corner with Luke (both Staal's today showed slight hesitations).

Eric was pretty pissed when Luke put him on his *** on the one hit. :laugh:

mobilus

Five and a game
Jan 6, 2009
high slot
Love Schenn and miss him from Toronto. JvR's been good, but I'll always be a fan of Luke no matter where he plays. If you've never seen it, here's a vid done of Schenn a couple years ago:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad