Luke Schenn

laundryman

Jun 28, 2011
Probably our best D-man so far along side Timonen. I love what I see out of him so far

SchennSational1022*

Easily been our best defensemen. Probably our best player behind Bryz and Giroux. his skating has been MUCH better than advertised. He has had a lot more poise with the puck and has made much better decision than he was advertised too. He's had a few WTF plays, but I'd still do the JVR trade. Without Luke, we'd be in real trouble so far.

Hopefully his brother can get his head out of his ass, being he's my favorite player. He's looked pretty bad though.

TmlHockeyFan

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
It's good that it is a win trade for both of us then. :handclap:

I was sad to see Luke Schenn go and that he would strive under Carlyle. I think the only reason he seemed bad for us last year was because of Ron Wilson's coaching.

pucci2001

Jun 3, 2012
Since he is playing so well would you guys mind trading him back and taking Dion instead? He'll apologize to Brayden...

SchennSational1022*

It's good that it is a win trade for both of us then. :handclap:

I was sad to see Luke Schenn go and that he would strive under Carlyle. I think the only reason he seemed bad for us last year was because of Ron Wilson's coaching.

Yeah, wilson is a fool. I wasn't sure that the way we play and how aggressive we are would be good for Luke, but he's honestly been great.

FlyingHigh28*

Easily been our best defensemen.

Nah, Kimmo Timonen has been better for sure. Schenn has looked decent, but there's also been tons of boneheaded plays that have lead to goals against. He looks better than he did in TOR, and he's probably the 2nd best defenseman thus far (Coburn is still better overall but he's playing very poorly ATM), but that's honestly not saying much when you look at this defensive group. We've played very poorly as a whole on defense to start the season. I don't think we'd be lost without Luke Schenn.

FlyingHigh28*

Grossman and Schenn have both outplayed Kimmo.

He has looked his age out there so far... it really sucks to see.

I totally disagree. Kimmo has had to cover for L. Schenn several times and he's been his usual jack of all trades defensively, doing a very good job on the PP and the PK.

He might be showing his age a little bit in certain situations, but he's still noticeably better than Schenn from my POV.

Dumpster Flyers

Jun 21, 2006
He'll have a decent game, but then he'll have a game like the one vs Washington where he completely falls apart. Right now, the ratio is somewhat favorable, so I won't complain.

kicksave27

Nov 29, 2007
He's solid and finishes his check. Sometimes he does get squirrely in his own zone, but the flyers reverse and reverse some more mantra doesn't really help that. Put him with a PMD an he's fine.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
Typically that's how most 21 - 22 yer old players develop in the NHL.

flyers fans as well as the organization are impatient to a fault some times if you didn't already know. not saying JVR will be a great consistent goal scorer but to say he won't be is asinine.

schenn has been one of our best d-men overall. he's had a few bad games but he's also had some tough bounces that lead to opposing goals. at the end of the year that stuff will all even out and i think the flyers will be better having made this trade (assuming the other guys up front start producing like they're capable of).

Mgkibbles

Dec 14, 2009
Gilbertsville, Pa
Had two bad turnovers in back to back games that cost us, but outside of those two bad plays he's been very good in his own end. I'd like to see him get a bit more aggressive in the offensive zone, he seems to have a very heavy shot, but he's reluctant to let it go.

Clown Baby*

Grossman and Schenn have both outplayed Kimmo.

He has looked his age out there so far... it really sucks to see.
False. He's slowing down, but the Kimmo/Schenn pairing has been money in the bank. Grossmann's had a few too many gaffes to say he's outplayed anyone significant.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Some people here still forget that Schenn is still young too... He can also develop here.

Luke is 6 months younger than JVR, he's just got 100+ more NHL games under his belt. He struggled like lots of young D last year, but it's clear he spent the lockout working on his mobility without sacrificing strength. He's strong but not bulky and he's really passing the puck nicely this year. Good reliable warrior back there, and with Grossmann, gives us a couple good pairs and a good 3rd pair when Meszaros is back.

If Gervais and Foster keep improving, we might be able to weather the Mez injury.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Schenn has been pretty solid. I wasn't crazy about the trade when it went down but I'm becoming less un-crazy about it now.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
So, I'm just a leafs fan here in peace.

JVR has been playing well for us and I was just wondering how Luke Schenn is looking in Philly.

Could not be happier with Luke. He and Kimmo have been playing very well together. The kid blocks shots and I really like the way he plays in front of our net and takes his man out. He has that nasty attitude that seems to rub off on the other defensemen. As I have said before, when Mez returns I really like our top five right now. As far as James goes it was time fot him to move on. A change may have been what he needed. The talent was there but there were far to many games where he was a none factor. Glad he is playing well for you as we Jersey guys have to stick together. But I hope Luke is here for another 10 years.
Thanks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad