Proposal: Luke Schenn to Toronto?

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
If the Leafs want an upgrade on their Defense what are the chances of them trading for Luke Schenn? Personally I think he would be a better option than Roman Polak, so could something like their 5th round pick in 2018 work for the Coyotes? If not that what about the 3rd round pick they got from San Jose for this year, because the Sharks made the Finals in 2016 which was the condition of the Leafs receiving it.

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
If Schenn is an upgrade on Polak and he got 2 2nds theoretically Schenn is worth more :naughty::huh::nod:

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Schenn played well for Tippett last year. Coyotes fans were all pretty surprised with how effective he was and we were all glad he had another year left on his deal. He hasn't coped well with the coaching change and is not a fit for the new system at all. I think he'd be good on a team with similar system to Tippett's. A Hitchcock team for example.

The Leafs? I'd worry about the baggage. He'd probably be okay playing for Babcock, but I don't know about playing in Toronto. Even if Tippett were the coach.

Reactions: SantaClaus

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
If the Leafs want an upgrade on their Defense what are the chances of them trading for Luke Schenn? Personally I think he would be a better option than Roman Polak, so could something like their 5th round pick in 2018 work for the Coyotes? If not that what about the 3rd round pick they got from San Jose for this year, because the Sharks made the Finals in 2016 which was the condition of the Leafs receiving it.

:laugh:

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Those kind of D already don’t have much to offer in today’s NHL. Specifically in Babcocks system he would be completely irrelevant

Jan 21, 2018
Yotes should trade him to Vancouver for Gudbranson + a pick.

"We'll give you the exact same player who will re-sign at 1/4 the price, just toss us some good picks to make up for the large difference in salary"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad