NFL: Luke Kuechly is retiring

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Wow. He has battled a couple of concussions, so it makes sense given what he's earned, but a huge talent loss to the league. Wish him the best in whatever his future endeavors are.

Reactions: SnS

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
d5b.jpg

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Had a feeling this was coming but as a fan I would of like to believe that he was going to continue for a lot more years.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
This really reminds me of the Calvin Johnson retirement. Dealt with some tough injuries and just decided to go out on top, relatively speaking. I know the Detroit thing adds to Johnson, but still really similar.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
A surprise but then again not really. The concussions plus putting the rest of the defense on your back gets old. I figured this upcoming season was going to be his last here one way or another.

I think we're going to start seeing more and more of these stars go out by age 30 or so, especially the ones who have dealt with concussions or other injuries that eat away at the body.

Reactions: Tryamw and SnS

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Another shocking development is that in the year of our lord 2020, Jay Glazer is doing manual retweets.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Good for him if he believes this is the right time to get out. He's one of the best players of his era.

Sadly, he has had some scary looking injuries and one of my lasting memories of him will be when he was in tears on the cart after suffering yet another concussion.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Guys are getting the "I don't need to put up with this" money younger and younger. We're going to see more and more of this.
He made $64 million over his 8 years. Walk away with your health when you can.

Virtually impossible to replace an all pro.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
He's amazing. Second-best mike in the whole league for a long stretch. It's a shame to see him leave but I get it.
sorry cats fans

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Sad news for sure here, he was quite the player. Still injuries plagued him during his career so no surprise to see him retire.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Watching his personal announcement is tough. While this is definitely the right call, it does seem like this was not entirely his decision.

Fantastic football player, leader and competitor. Charlotte will miss him on the field for sure but hopefully he continues to make this is home because of what he does in the community.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Watching his personal announcement is tough. While this is definitely the right call, it does seem like this was not entirely his decision.

Fantastic football player, leader and competitor. Charlotte will miss him on the field for sure but hopefully he continues to make this is home because of what he does in the community.
Hopefully he did what Nate Burleson said he did when he retired. Go to a physician unaffiliated with the team and get a total body checkup. Nate said the doctors told him he suffered more severe injuries than he was told. Had a couple of extra surgeries done to fix everything.

from a contractual POV, I hope that the Panthers don’t do what the Lions did and ask for prorated portion of the SB back.

Reactions: Mr Misunderstood

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad