Prospect Info: Luke Hughes - part IV (final)

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Good point . Teams drafting #2 overall the prior year don’t usually have the depth on D we have , and those shit teams are almost forced to play their kid . Cap space can also be part of the deciding factor on where they play . If slammed against the cap , usually a ELC top prospect is > league minimum scrub.
Next season will be a different animal as Severson and Graves will be most likely gone. No clue if they feel one or more of Bahl , Luke , Nemec are ready . Then they will have to factor in potentially having 1-3 rookies in their top 6 … It will be interesting to see what shakes out in camp next season . Only shitty thing is that we almost need to know day 1 of UFA if we need to get s journeyman depth d in the case of one or more of the rookies not being ready .
I haven’t seen Nemec lately so I can’t comment on his readiness. I just heard his last few games and playoffs have been very good and he is taking big steps in improving.
I’d say Luke is more ready than him ?
I have no problems with the team wanting to play Luke in the NHL from the get go. He looks like an NHL player to me. Perfect, no, but he's talented enough to learn on the job as long as he is given decent coaching and instruction.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
The sky is legit the limit.
I think so. Smooth as silk. No tentativeness in him whatsoever. Knew when to go and when not to....I saw no real trouble in his own zone...a couple of times I thought he scrambled to find his man but never once looked like a deer in the headlights... incredibly impressive performance. Wish it ended better for him tonight.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
I think so. Smooth as silk. No tentativeness in him whatsoever. Knew when to go and when not to....I saw no real trouble in his own zone...a couple of times I thought he scrambled to find his man but never once looked like a deer in the headlights... incredibly impressive performance. Wish it ended better for him tonight.

Was really impressed tonight. Didn’t see any mistakes where he was forcing things into bad areas or anything. Really mature game tonight for a 19 year old playing in about as tough a game and atmosphere as you’ll find. Ruff rightfully rewarded him with a lot of ice time.

Reactions: MasterofGrond

Offseason Champs

May 16, 2011
Next year I know there will be ups and downs but man, I can't wait to see what he can do in a few years. He really could be a top D-Man in the league potentially. He has a lot of the tools you need.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
I believe we burned a year. In fact, I vaguely remember hearing he burned a year as soon as he signed this season, whether he played or not, but I'm not 100% sure.
He burned a year on his contract, but not towards UFA status. So he will be an RFA in two years, but still has 7 until UFA status.

Reactions: Nubmer6

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad