Confirmed with Link: Luke Glendening to Dallas Stars (2 years, $1.5M AAV)

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
That is my primary issue. You're clearly rolling the dice on Faksa saying he's Top 9. I don't think it's necessarily wrong to test it out, but at least part of me liked the idea that if they were serious about the Benn center experiment, it gave Faksa a chance to earn a Top 9 role instead of just being a traditional checker.

Faksa absolutely could kill it, but I get nervous maybe the offense dip wasn't all about Comeau and Cogliano. You play him up the lineup in a more offensive role and he fails ... that's tough with Dallas' future cap maneuvering, especially if Benn and/or Seguin continue to struggle.
?

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Faksa with 2 wingers who can put the puck in the net is gonna get him more points than playing with cogliano and comeau . It’s just basic math .

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
Faksa with 2 wingers who can put the puck in the net is gonna get him more points than playing with cogliano and comeau . It’s just basic math .

Hockey isn't algebra. I suspect that he will be better, but .... marginally better? becomes an anchor for the forwards? lights it up? No one should be surprised or amazed by any of those outcomes. He's sort of unknown in terms of taking on a more offensive role which seems to be the way they're constructing the team right now.

I don't expect him to fail. I'm just curious to see how it goes.

Plus ... I think it's fair to be a bit bummed by the fact that no matter how unlikely, I was hoping they were going to increase the competition in the Top 9 not fortify the 4th line.

BG44

Jul 19, 2021

I can't tell when you're serious and when you're joking.

I just mean Seguin is coming back from a pretty extensive surgery. He had already become inconsistent, albeit unlucky so definite reason for hope, scoring before the injury. Classic Seguin could come back. A good-enough version of Seguin could come back.

I'm optimistic about Seguin, but it just seems fair to be cautious and not think he's a slam dunk for 2018-19 Seguin.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
I can't tell when you're serious and when you're joking.

I just mean Seguin is coming back from a pretty extensive surgery. He had already become inconsistent, albeit unlucky so definite reason for hope, scoring before the injury. Classic Seguin could come back. A good-enough version of Seguin could come back.

I'm optimistic about Seguin, but it just seems fair to be cautious and not think he's a slam dunk for 2018-19 Seguin.
The last season he played, he was still far and away the best player on the team though.
You can question if he will struggle coming back from injury, but "continue" to struggle doesn't really fit. He was the only one somewhat consistent offensively a couple years ago, even if his scoring did take a hit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad