Rumor: Luke Glendening linked to Toronto (Pagnotta The Fourth Period)

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
3rd and a B prospect?

I'd be pretty surprised to see him get a 2nd round pick, he just doesn't bring enough offense to justify it
Big-time PK, plus league-leading FO%, plus hard-nosed player with playoff experience. If he had offensive skill he would be a late first rounder. But since Leafs will probably have late 2nd, it will most likely be a 2nd rounder.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Big-time PK, plus league-leading FO%, plus hard-nosed player with playoff experience. If he had offensive skill he would be a late first rounder. But since Leafs will probably have late 2nd, it will most likely be a 2nd rounder.
There's a lot of 4th liners out there that have great defensive and PK abilities. They don't fetch 2nd round picks let alone 1sts the vast majority of the time.

Budz

Jan 28, 2013
I would be very surprised if this who the Leafs brought in.

Questions to ask:
1 What is the acquisition cost?
2 Who does he replace?
3 How much better is he then the answer from 2.

I think the bottom six is pretty darn good.

Need a dman
Top 6 LW

Puck Tiss

Nov 4, 2013
He is a pretty big mentor from what I have read. 3rd or 4th round pick is no good. Unless he is asking for big money, Detroit should give him a new contract

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
he has 17 playoff games played and 2015-16 was the most recent year... i agree with the other things though.

i think a 2nd is a bit high but i wouldnt hate it, especially if there is lots of interest.

what about 2021 3rd, which turns into a 2nd if the Leafs make the conference finals, for Glendening at 50%?

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
And regarding the "he has no offense though!" comments, yeah that is established, he is what he is, a bottom 6 shutdown type player. If he had offense he'd be a Danault/ Hayes/ ROR/ Bergeron type player, and Detroit would've extended him in the offseason

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
he has 17 playoff games played and 2015-16 was the most recent year... i agree with the other things though.

i think a 2nd is a bit high but i wouldnt hate it, especially if there is lots of interest.

what about 2021 3rd, which turns into a 2nd if the Leafs make the conference finals, for Glendening at 50%?
3rd becomes a 2nd if you make it to Division finals?

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
And regarding the "he has no offense though!" comments, yeah that is established, he is what he is, a bottom 6 shutdown type player. If he had offense he'd be a Danault/ Hayes/ ROR/ Bergeron type player, and Detroit would've extended him in the offseason
yeah exactly. he is a perfect 4th line C imo. i dont think they meant that level of offense though. but if he scored say, 40 points a year rather than 20 he would be an elite 3C.

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
isnt that round 2? it shouldnt upgrade with just 1 round won. i think my proposal was pretty realistic. a contract could go back too which could have slight value.
It was realistic..I just countered, is all.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
oKmlH7U.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad