Lukas Wernblom

Mrpm

Jan 4, 2013
Can anyone tell me a little more about this player/his family? 00 birthyear playing up with Modo 16s (18 now?) Have heard his dad is a Modo legend/local celeb.

Complete center with great goal scoring ability. Just won WSI in Philly with Sweden Selects, as the captain. 14 goals in 7 games and was named MVP of the tourney, ahead of hyped up names like Emilio Pettersen and Oliver Wahlström etc.. Looks more and more to be the real deal. Will play with Modos J18 this upcoming season.

His father Magnus sure is a Modo legend. Holds the franchise record for most points and goals in the club, and his jersey number #9 is retired.

Dec 13, 2010
Complete center with great goal scoring ability. Just won WSI in Philly with Sweden Selects, as the captain. 14 goals in 7 games and was named MVP of the tourney, ahead of hyped up names like Emilio Pettersen and Oliver Wahlström etc.. Looks more and more to be the real deal. Will play with Modos J18 this upcoming season.

His father Magnus sure is a Modo legend. Holds the franchise record for most points and goals in the club, and his jersey number #9 is retired.

Should have prefaced it by saying that I was at WSI but that was my first exposure to him. Love his game. I thought he was better than Wahlstrom in every game..he and Pettersen were the two most impressive forwards there. I don't like to put too much stock into summer hockey but the things he can do against some of those groups he was up against are really impressive.

GC

Jun 13, 2015
I´ve seen Wernblom Jr for some years now and he just seems to get better and better compared to others. He wasn't that tall some years ago and that has made him develop skills and attitude that larger kids usually don't, I would say.
Now that he has grown fysically he has put all the good stuff together adding strength to his skills and attitude.

His game suites the smaller rinks of North America. I bet that he will make it over there in say 5 years.

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
He's the total package. Future first-rounder if all goes well. Should be a dominant player for Modo J18 this year as an underager.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Only seen him a bit but I can't remember anything really standing out in his game. His numbers look terrific though, on every level. What are his strengths as a player?

GC

Jun 13, 2015
I would say: Speed, Attitude, His physical hits, Always going for the net.

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
Yeah, he's not as skilled as the Nylanders or other hyped talent but he's got that Landeskog-like engine that makes everything go every game, he's a bull out there, he's like his father in attitude but way above him in skill.

Dec 13, 2010
Not an overly skilled player at his age but his shot is well above average and one of the more impressive aspects. He was noticeable on every shift at WSI, totally suited for North American hockey. "Total package" was a good way to describe him.

Really impressed. Looks like one of the top kids at this age group and there are some GOOD 00 players.

Last edited:

Mrpm

Jan 4, 2013
Only seen him a bit but I can't remember anything really standing out in his game. His numbers look terrific though, on every level. What are his strengths as a player?

He doesn't really stand out in just one single aspect imo, just really good at everything. Always works hard in all three zones and loves to hit. Even last season with J18 he threw some amazing offensive hits on guys 3 years older and double the size. If he can grow some inches he will be a nightmare to play against. That + his skill is a pretty sweet combo. All in all, a very complete center, total package, that loves to compete, can imagine the smaller rinks fits him even better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad