Prospect Info: Lukas Rousek, LW, 160th overall, 2019 -- Recalled 3/6

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Leading scorer for Amerks with five assists in four playoff games.

He is 25 years old and played 15 games with the Sabres. Is there anything to see in terms of NHL potential or is he at the peak of his career trajectory?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Leading scorer for Amerks with five assists in four playoff games.

He is 25 years old and played 15 games with the Sabres. Is there anything to see in terms of NHL potential or is he at the peak of his career trajectory?

Looks like he will be their 12/13/14 next year. His late recall was pretty good by comparison to his early one where he was just not himself.

Reactions: TheMistyStranger

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Looks like he will be their 12/13/14 next year. His late recall was pretty good by comparison to his early one where he was just not himself.
I'd lean closer to 13/14.

Rousek's problem is going to be:

He's an AHL skill player, not big, and he's basically a finished product at this point. He isn't going to bring what the bottom 6 needs, and he's not skilled enough to take a top 6 spot from anyone here.

Reactions: Jacob582

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010

He's an AHL skill player, not big, and he's basically a finished product at this point. He isn't going to bring what the bottom 6 needs, and he's not skilled enough to take a top 6 spot from anyone here.
If he is on the roster on opening day, that's a clear sign the team just isn't using all it's resources, the opposite of what Mr. Adams likes to keep repeating. My bet is not in NHL

Gabrielor

Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
If he is on the roster on opening day, that's a clear sign the team just isn't using all it's resources, the opposite of what Mr. Adams likes to keep repeating. My bet is not in NHL
For sure. Him and Rosen are pretty obvious trade candidates.

If Philly wants to save money, I'd love to flip Rousek there for Hathaway.

Reactions: Jacob582 and Fjordy

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
For sure. Him and Rosen are pretty obvious trade candidates.

If Philly wants to save money, I'd love to flip Rousek there for Hathaway.

I would do that in second, but not sure Philly is taking Rousek for him. His $2.375 cap isn't perfect for a 4th liner but also not horrible.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Eh, he's shown he can be a speed checker based on his last recall. That puts him in the 12/13 category. WE might want Hathaway but ADAMS hasn't shown he wants a Hathaway or more.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
Eh, he's shown he can be a speed checker based on his last recall. That puts him in the 12/13 category. WE might want Hathaway but ADAMS hasn't shown he wants a Hathaway or more.
He scored one goal in his first game. I believe. A complete nothing in the NHL and small little things like this is why Buffalo continues to miss playoffs. With cap room to spare, a guy like Rousek shouldn't be on your roster until you hit major injuries.

Gabrielor

Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Adams has said multiple times he wants the bottom 6 to be tougher and have an identity.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad