Value of: Lucic

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
I was reviewing Lucic's contract on Capfriendly and noticed his Limit No trade Kicks in on June 1,2021 to June 30,2022 with 8 teams on his trade list and it expands to 10 teams the next year. The key point of this being that at the point when they submit the protected list for the Seattle Expansion he won't need to be protected, because he doesn't have a NMC at that point. This clause works outside the regular season time frames.

That changes his negative value a bunch as that is always the kicker in any of the Shit for Shit deals offered for him. No one want to have to protect him in the expansion draft.

Possible trade candidates:

Ericksson
Ryan
Seabrook
Ladd
Okposo

upload_2019-5-5_19-23-1.png

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Nothing changes... Lucic has negative value and a NMC..
Oilers will just have to suck it up.

DakrSnooze

Aug 27, 2011
Whitehorse
Let Edmonton's new GM figure out what to do with him. There have been a million similar threads on hf already and no two fan bases have come to an agreement.

Snowpants

In Depth Hockey Analyst
Apr 20, 2019
Oh wow another Lucic thread from an Oilers fan, hey Mods why don’t you ban them for throwing these awful proposals and musings up every 5 minutes rather than people commenting on how terrible they are and calling “me a troll”.

The two things are not mutually exclusive lol. You can both be upset there are Lucic threads every five minutes AND be a troll...

Its adorable reading Oiler fans fantasize about trading the most untradable contract in the game.

Like this guy who wshows up in every one.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
I’d offer some trident gum in exchange for lucic retained at 90%. At least the former still has some use and can be traded for future considerations.

Reactions: Leonardo87

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
He still has a NMC and has to be protected

Phaneuf had a L-NTC and NMC he still had to be protected
If that Clause is to be taken as posted on cap friendly they do not have to protect him as that NMC turns into a Limited NTC on June 1,2021 prior to when they have to submit a protected list.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
If that Clause is to be taken as posted on cap friendly they do not have to protect him as that NMC turns into a Limited NTC on June 1,2021 prior to when they have to submit a protected list.

No he has both a limited no trade and a no move clause. Dion phanuef had a very similar combination and had to be protected. Phaneuf submitted a 12 team list, and since Vegas wasn't on it he had to be protected.

Edit:
Dion Phaneuf - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Ryan is a better player right now, and Lucic has an extra year. I have no interest, but I’m not in charge. I just hope Ottawa goes nowhere near Lucic.
I'm sure penny pinching Melnyk doesn't care about that.

But I agree with what you said from your pov

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad