Value of: Lucic to Boston

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
I think you really need to reassess your valuation of Lucic.

At this point I wouldn't even trade Beleksey for Lucic. Think you're stuck with this one for a while.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Translation: "would someone be willing to take this terrible contract off our hands and also give us a prospect for the privilige?" Awful proposal.

It's even worse, because the prospect in question is 21, has played the whole season in Boston as a 2W, is 13th in rookie points in the league and is on a 47 points pace (over 82 games) and has looked GREAT.

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
I can see Dallas being interested at some level in Lucic. He would add toughness and scoring depth.

Mooy04

Apr 5, 2017
Los Angeles
I think the original OP is asking a bit much for him. He is still a good player but that contact is not great for what he brings. I could see him getting a late 1st or 2nd and maybe a B grade prospect.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
I wouldn't take Lucic for free with his contract and his floating around the ice. That's coming from somebody who loved Lucic when he was here.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
Would Boston be willing to trade for Lucic and go all in for a cup run? Lucic is still a capable 20g 50pt scorer and is a playoff beast.

Would Lucic+Prospect for Belesky+Debrusk work? Or is that asking too much?

Asking Boston to take Lucic is asking to much. If they wanted him they would have just kept him and signed him. They had no interest in having to give him the contract you did.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I would take him back. I think he's being undervalue here. That said, the OP's price is too much and the contract is too bad. If EDM were to retain 50% (and the Bruins were committed to keeping Krejci for the entire term of his deal) then I'd consider that asking price.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
I would take him back. I think he's being undervalue here. That said, the OP's price is too much and the contract is too bad. If EDM were to retain 50% (and the Bruins were committed to keeping Krejci for the entire term of his deal) then I'd consider that asking price.

50% retention is a tad high for Edmonton to take. We have to really watch our cap situation. Lucic at $3 million is a much more enticing player than Lucic at $6 million.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

I believe he's currently on a 20 game cold streak(for goals) and this is just year 2 on that contract.

It's an abysmal contract today at full price and there's no chance Chia retains half especially considering Edmontons depth issues at F to get rid of Lucic.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
The Bruins moved Lucic because they didn't want to give him the very contract that the Oilers did. I can't see this happening

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Would Boston be willing to trade for Lucic and go all in for a cup run? Lucic is still a capable 20g 50pt scorer and is a playoff beast.

Would Lucic+Prospect for Belesky+Debrusk work? Or is that asking too much?

That is asking way too much. DeBrusk would be a huge, huge overpay.

I honestly think you could take DeBrusk out of the deal and the Bruins still pass. Five more years of Lucic lumbering around the ice for $6 million seems like a very tough sell.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
absolutely not... let's rehire the last 4 Edmonton GM's AND Kevin Lowe would sign Gretzky as a player, not a coach/executive, to reverse the LA Trade of 1988, how's that work out Edmonton fans

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad