Lucic/Stewart - 10/30/14

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
I don't think CS was going to like where that fight was heading. Once Lucic takes a couple shots, he goes all out "exchange" mode where it seems like he doesn't care about taking one to land one. Same thing that we saw when he fought Wrecker in preseason last year (I think). He is happy to go big punch for big punch, kind of one at a time, but CS started with these little left handed punches, and then you see Looch do the same, but with the big right hand. That type of exchange does not favor people over Looch, at all, with the exception of very few. If that fight continued, I think CS would have taken it much worse. Looch can take massive punches without it really affecting him. I can only think of a handful of times he has been "dazed", so to speak, we all know the Orr time.

For most, trading with Lucic liks CS was doing here is a poor decision. Lucic's strength allows him to push forward/up with his left hand which exposes the other person's head, while the right hand follows. Ugliness tends to follow. Lucic doesn't have "knock out" power, per se, but that technique allows him to land one or two that have the opponent rethinking the event. Tuck your chin? Have a dose of kidney shots. Yuck.

Awesome post and dead on. It's true, when Lucic is in a staged fight he doesn't care much and it shows. When Lucic starts taking punches he gets engaged and goes into beast mode, same as when he is fighting out of anger. That's the form of Lucic that few can survive against. Unfortunately lately we've seen few of his angry fights. This one stunk. Too staged, no thanks.

cneely

Jan 6, 2005
Lucic was doing very well, and Stewart completely threw him off by switching to lefty and landing a few.

Pretty even fight.

cardiffgiant

Continue without supporting us
Sep 28, 2005
It seems like Stewart likes to switch to left to get opponents flustered, then come back with more powerful rights. It ddn't quite work out that way this time.

Really good scrap. Neither player loses fights often.

OzzyFan

Sep 17, 2012
Edge Lucic for sure. The fight ended because Stewart felt that shot, probably dazed for half a second, and started skating backwards/away. Think about that for a second.

BlackNgold 84

Known Kellyist
Nov 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Great tilt.. edge to Looch but Stewart is a beast. There is literally no shame in either one of these guys losing a fight to each other. Man I was stewart in a Bruins jersey.

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
That was ALL Lucic. Stewart got two or three wimpy punches in, but that's it. People calling this Stewart are super homers.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
The logic in here...

Stewart lands two little jabs to Lucic's head, Lucic gets angry and starts chucking.
Lucic lands a bomb to Chris Stewart, he retreats and doesn't throw anymore.

Stewarts "damage" caused Lucic to say "screw it" and start throwing. Lucic's "damage" caused Stewart to back off.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
You shouldn't be.

Stewart is an inconsistent hockey player but he's a very good fighter. He can probably hang in there with just about anyone.

That's good to know, I wasn't really aware of that facet of his game.

Veneficus

Sep 30, 2014
Good scrap, I'd say Lucic. I'm siding on the dazed theory haha. Stewie saw some stars, maybe one star, but it reminded him he was in a fight. I liked how Stewie switched hands. He landed a ton of jabs. Good scrap tho.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad