Proposal: Lucic for Phaneuf

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
.....sigh another Lucic deal, and they keep getting worse. And another No!

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
If you remove the valuable pieces it makes sense in a way

For who exactly?

Two years of Phaneuf at 5.25 for four years of Lucic at 6?

As an aside, Kempe would greatly complement McDavid. He’s one of two players on the Kings fast enough to do so.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
For who exactly?

As an aside, Kempe would greatly complement McDavid. He’s one of two players on the Kings fast enough to do so.

When I said in a way, I meant that at least it's a bad contract for a bad contract. Not that it made sense to actually do. Haha

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
I'd rather have Phaneuf and his junk contract by a country mile. That NMC and salary structure are poison.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
For who exactly?

As many times as I’ve tried to take this tired reasoning out behind the shed and put two in the back of its head, it just won’t f***ing die.

McDavid does not need fast players to “keep up with him”. He needs SMART players that know where to go, know how to get open ice, and have a good enough shot to finish what he starts for them.

Pat Maroon and Alex Chiasson put up the best seasons of their careers on and off his line and I assure you it’s not because of their footspeed. Smarts and shot.

No, not every Tom, Dick,and Harry with 12 goals gets to saunter onto McDavid’s line like he owns the damn place.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
As many times as I’ve tried to take this tired reasoning out behind the shed and put two in the back of its head, it just won’t ****ing die.

McDavid does not need fast players to “keep up with him”. He needs SMART players that know where to go, know how to get open ice, and have a good enough shot to finish what he starts for them.

Pat Maroon and Alex Chiasson put up the best seasons of their careers on and off his line and I assure you it’s not because of their footspeed. Smarts and shot.

No, not every Tom, Dick,and Harry with 12 goals gets to saunter onto McDavid’s line like he owns the damn place.

Right. And Kempe is a smart, fast top six winger who the Kings keep trying to force into a second/third line center role because they don’t have any center depth.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00