Not open for further replies.

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
BouncyHoarseAnt-size_restricted.gif

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
I think we're going to give Lucic one more season this year to see what he can bring in his 3rd year as an Oiler. His first season was good, his second season (the previous season) was obviously not so good. Think they'll give him one more year to prove himself, then look at the options after.

I doubt we give up valuable assets (along with Lucic) at this point for what'll likely be one season of Max before he bolts. I just don't think management is there yet. Maybe we consider something similar to the OP if Lucic bombs again this season in the next off-season, but I honestly don't think it happens this summer.

Last edited:

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
this gona get locked.

pacioretty probably costs a 1st + topprospect on his own
getting rid of lucic is roughly the same

Pacioretty for Lucic+Puljujarvi+1st would be the ask

Reactions: mariolemieux66

Steeler23

Aug 10, 2004
Wow that's bad.

1st, we just drafted 6-7 center in that same draft, we would want a winger or LHD
2nd, I'm not even sure we do Lucic + McLeod vs future consideration. We just got Armia, a 4th and a 7th to take Mason contract. You'll need to do better for 5 years of Lucic at 6M.
3rd, that's just reallllly bad

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
pretty rich to think a dude taken 40OA can be packaged with the worst contract in the league to get something valuable

Reactions: Viktor Vaughn

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
this gona get locked.

Yeah, we’re not going to give up JP and a first to rent Pacioretty, Lucic or no Lucic.

Steeler23

Aug 10, 2004
OP is a Habs fan, my dude, and McLeod was ranked as a first rounder by pretty much every scouting service.

Doesn't change the fact it's a very bad trade. And if Habs really wanted McLeod, he would be with us. We picked 35 and 38, and picked a project with 38, so I don't think McLeod was that high on the Habs draft list

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
If JP is the sacrafices needed to contend for a cup, Oilers should do it. They're in cup or Bust mode.

Well, several things wrong with that.

1) the Oilers aren’t a Pacioretty away from a Cup.

2) they are not in cup or bust mode, they’re one of the youngest teams in the NHL.

3) Edmonton is in no position to trade for rentals based on how last year went.

4) even if we wanted to, we don’t have the cap space which is why OP’s deal is about the only way a Pacioretty acquisition would work for us and

5) keep your mitts off of our JP. He is absolutely not for sale.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
this gona get locked.

I would do Lucic, Bouchard, Maksimov, 2019 1st, 2019 3rd and 2020 2nd for Pacioretty and Benn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad