OT: Lucian Bute Vs. Jean Pascal - Saturday the 18th - 23h15+

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I see Interbox merging with GYM or Eye of the Tiger. But mostly with GYM. Jean Bédard doesn't care about boxing. He cares about his restaurants and that's it. He's been trying to sell Sportifs en voyage for a long time now (don't remember if he succeeded).

I don't remember where I heard this but somebody on the radio maybe 1 week ago or so, said something like this was already done or in the works. I catched the interview at mid-time, but hoesntly, the way it was said, I thought it was a done deal. So clearly, that's in the books for sure.

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Not much of a boxing maniac, but is it safe to say that Bute's career is pretty much over at this point? His loss against Froch petty much sealed the deal, or so it seems...

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
"La propagande interbox", "je montre juste ma.confiance pour inspirer les gens", "people don't know **** about boxing", "he hit me.because I let him hit me" facepalm:

Please oh please, I want to see this guy get his face caved in. I guess that's part of his marketing strategy...

"J'invite tous les fans de Lucian Bute à se ranger derrière moi, on va aller conquérir le monde." <---- No chance in hell, go Superman.

Last edited:

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
"J'invite tous les fans de Lucian Bute à se ranger derrière moi, on va conquérir le monde."

Pascal is awesome :laugh:

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
For the guys saying Pascal was booed out of the building, I was there and he wasn't. Most Bute fans (like me) shut the **** up after the 6th round. When he was talking, it was mostly his fans cheering for him.

**** him. And **** Bute. Man I'm so disappointed. He was scared and not active enough.

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

Subban and pascal are similare athletes, both are facing false propaganda about their personalities.

Canadiens Ghost

Mr. Objectivity
Dec 14, 2011
Smurfland
Pascal is a conceited moron, I'll never respect him no matter what he does in the ring. I wish he would have the balls to fight Stevenson so he can get destroyed in 2 rounds.

1UP

Oct 2, 2007
Québec
Not much of a boxing maniac, but is it safe to say that Bute's career is pretty much over at this point? His loss against Froch petty much sealed the deal, or so it seems...

Nah. He'll probably stick around as a gatekeeper of sorts. But he needs to remember that to win a boxing fight you have to punch your opponent. Insignificant jabs followed by going back 7 meters do not count.

I mean, he had a low punch count vs Grachev too. When he was unstoppable he had one of the highest punch counts in his division, despite his bread and butter being counterattacks. He thinks waaay too much.

He's 33. It's late, but he can still rebound. But he's a nice guy and I wouldn't see it as a bad thing for him to retire and take care of his family.

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Pascal is a conceited moron, I'll never respect him no matter what he does in the ring. I wish he would have the balls to fight Stevenson so he can get destroyed in 2 rounds.

Stevenson and Pascal are both with GYM so don't expect a fight between the two unless Pascal leaves for 50 cents or another promoter. Maybe Pascal vs Kovalev?

LeMAD

Mar 1, 2006
Montreal
lemad.freehostia.com
Subban and pascal are similare athletes, both are facing false propaganda about their personalities.

In the case of Pascal it's not false propaganda. Everything he says is profoundly stupid/arrogant/disrespectful. I tried to defend the guy for some time, saying that he was only giving a show, but he's truly an *******. And everytime he faces deserved criticism, he acts butthurt.

He even ignored Bute after the fight...

Beatnik

Sep 2, 2002
Québec
Visit site
In the case of Pascal it's not false propaganda. Everything he says is profoundly stupid/arrogant/disrespectful. I tried to defend the guy for some time, saying that he was only giving a show, but he's truly an *******. And everytime he faces deserved criticism, he acts butthurt.

Agree 100%.

Even professional trolls like Koscheck and Diaz are respectfull after a fight. Pascal is just an idiot.

I have a hard time keeping interest in boxing. I cannot think of 1 fight I would pay to see at this point.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com

As a Penguins fan that doesn't like Subban, I strongly disagree. Subban can be annoying, yes. He is exhuberant and over the top. He is arrogant on the ice and does cross the line at times. However, in interviews, and outside of the ice in general, he is respectful and generous. He doesn't insult other people and he doesn't act like a villain. Crosby rubs some people the wrong way because of how he is on the ice too, but he is a nice guy outside of it. That's a good comparable for Subban (of course, they are not loathed by some for the same reasons, but you get the point).

I'd even go as far as saying that me not liking Subban's antics have more to do with my old school views on sports than with Subban doing "bad" things. Outside of the occasional cheap shot, but, hey, that's not like guys like Crosby, Malkin and Neal are angels either :laugh:

Pascal is a piece of **** that doesn't respect anyone or anything. He is a ME ME ME ME ME ME ME guy, something that Subban clearly isn't.

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

As a Penguins fan that doesn't like Subban, I strongly disagree. Subban can be annoying, yes. He is exhuberant and over the top. He is arrogant on the ice and does cross the line at times. However, in interviews, and outside of the ice in general, he is respectful and generous. He doesn't insult other people and he doesn't act like a villain. Crosby rubs some people the wrong way because of how he is on the ice too, but he is a nice guy outside of it. That's a good comparable for Subban (of course, they are not loathed by some for the same reasons, but you get the point).

I'd even go as far as saying that me not liking Subban's antics have more to do with my old school views on sports than with Subban doing "bad" things. Outside of the occasional cheap shot, but, hey, that's not like guys like Crosby, Malkin and Neal are angels either :laugh:

Pascal is a piece of **** that doesn't respect anyone or anything. He is a ME ME ME ME ME ME ME guy, something that Subban clearly isn't.

Agree about that, but I'm pretty sure Pascal is only looking for controversy (wants to be known) so he acts this way.
But I was talking about the fact that a lot of people, for some reasons, thinks Pascal has a questionnable work ethic (like a reporter stupidly pointed out) when JP never took anything for granted and worked immensely hard his whole career.
Don't know where this belief comes from.....

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Been a fan of Pascal since day 1. He was just too much for Bute.

Pascal will be champion again. Haters gonna hate.

habitue*

How much money did Bute got for his non showing ?

He should be ashamed.

The promoters of this farce, too. They should reimburse the boxing fans who were there yesterday night. HBO must be questioning further broadcasting boxing galas from Montreal.

1UP

Oct 2, 2007
Québec
How much money did Bute got for his non showing ?

He should be ashamed.

The promoters of this farce, too. They should reimburse the boxing fans who were there yesterday night. HBO must be questioning further broadcasting boxing galas from Montreal.

Over 2 million dollars.

Yes, I'm jealous.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad