Lucas Lessio

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Since he is getting more playing time, and most of the discussion about him happens in GDTs I figured it wouldn't be a bad idea to start one of these for him.

So far I have to agree with some of xx's statements. Has the tools, but I haven't seen him apply them correctly and haven't seen the IQ to utilize them well. But only a small sample and still looks like he is playing timidly.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
He need more time. But I have a hard time seeing him being anything more than a 40 pt third-liner.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
He got just shy of 18 minutes of ice last game. I want at least ten more of those before I'd have enough to write him off completely. Boedker played a hundred games in the AHL over two seasons and then had a 24 point NHL season. It's too early.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Even if we start selling off guys, I'm not sure where Lessio fits next year. Hopefully this stint provides some clarity.

As it stands, I have Domi, Doan, Rieder, Boedker, Gagner, and Samuelsson as the wings in our top 9. That's without knowing the status of Doan, and without knowing what Vermette/Yandle will return in a trade.

I suppose you could play Lessio on the fourth line, but that may just be a waste of everyone's time.

letowskie

Aug 16, 2002
In your worst nighmare
Visit site
Even if we start selling off guys, I'm not sure where Lessio fits next year. Hopefully this stint provides some clarity.

As it stands, I have Domi, Doan, Rieder, Boedker, Gagner, and Samuelsson as the wings in our top 9. That's without knowing the status of Doan, and without knowing what Vermette/Yandle will return in a trade.

I suppose you could play Lessio on the fourth line, but that may just be a waste of everyone's time.

Gagner could return to play C, depending on wether Vermette is replaced with a FA, or if Hanzal is moved. Gagner actually might be the top center if a certain set of events play out; Samuelsson is another possibility if we get desperate.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Gagner could return to play C, depending on wether Vermette is replaced with a FA, or if Hanzal is moved. Gagner actually might be the top center if a certain set of events play out; Samuelsson is another possibility if we get desperate.

Gags is way better at wing then at C. We're in a world of hurt if he's at C for a long period of time.

letowskie

Aug 16, 2002
In your worst nighmare
Visit site
I can swallow tanking this season. But regardless of the great story drafting Matthews would make, I don't want to tank for 2 seasons.

If we had McDavid/Eichel + Matthews + Domi + Boedker + other supporting forwards, we could have a dominant offence. I'm torn, but maybe a 2 year bottoming out is the way to go for the long term health of the organization.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
If we had McDavid/Eichel + Matthews + Domi + Boedker + other supporting forwards, we could have a dominant offence. I'm torn, but maybe a 2 year bottoming out is the way to go for the long term health of the organization.

It's really too bad Matthews wasn't born 2 days earlier so he'd be 2015 draft eligible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad