Lucas Ciampini

Zdeno33Lucic*

Kevin Forbes

Jul 29, 2002
Nova Scotia
www.kforbesy.ca
First off, it's Luca Ciampini.

He didn't play that much for Halifax, due to injuries and healthy scratches and when he did, he wasn't seeing much time on scoring lines, instead it was more likely he would line up alongside of 3rd and 4th liners and see maybe a whiff of powerplay time.
With that said, it's quite notable that he was able to even score .5 points per game (again missing half the season).

Usual stuff for a 16 year old in terms of what he needs to work on: size and strength. He has a willingness to go into traffic to make a play, but that makes him vulnerable to being hit and being knocked off the puck. He's just not strong enough to protect himself at this point.
Even more concerning is the concussion issue. I don't have the numbers in front of me, but he missed significant chunks of time at least twice this year due to concussions. If that continues in his draft year, expect him to fall significantly.

Other than that, I thought he moved the puck well, even though a lot of the time he wasn't playing alongside of guys who could help him out much. As I mentioned before, he had no fear in driving to the net or fighting for possession along the boards. As he matures and starts to win those battles he'll likely be better.
Skating could use a bit of work. Like most 16-year-olds, he needs to also round out his game and improve his play in his own end.

Zdeno33Lucic*

Seems kind of odd that you grew up with him, but don't know his first name. ;)

First off, it's Luca Ciampini.

He didn't play that much for Halifax, due to injuries and healthy scratches and when he did, he wasn't seeing much time on scoring lines, instead it was more likely he would line up alongside of 3rd and 4th liners and see maybe a whiff of powerplay time.
With that said, it's quite notable that he was able to even score .5 points per game (again missing half the season).

Usual stuff for a 16 year old in terms of what he needs to work on: size and strength. He has a willingness to go into traffic to make a play, but that makes him vulnerable to being hit and being knocked off the puck. He's just not strong enough to protect himself at this point.
Even more concerning is the concussion issue. I don't have the numbers in front of me, but he missed significant chunks of time at least twice this year due to concussions. If that continues in his draft year, expect him to fall significantly.

Other than that, I thought he moved the puck well, even though a lot of the time he wasn't playing alongside of guys who could help him out much. As I mentioned before, he had no fear in driving to the net or fighting for possession along the boards. As he matures and starts to win those battles he'll likely be better.
Skating could use a bit of work. Like most 16-year-olds, he needs to also round out his game and improve his play in his own end.

Thanks for the info...

And just cause i put an S at the end of his name, calm down ;)

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
He's effective in close to the net and on the pp, but other than that he needs to improve in most other areas of his game. I can see him being a late round pick and potentially an offensive threat in his older years in the q

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad