Post-Game Talk: Luca Sbisa has been claimed by the Vegas Golden Knights

Status
Not open for further replies.

thepoeticgoblin

Dec 16, 2011
Sweden
This is funny, but actually very sad. I feel like we just got an F at roster building :lol:. We didn't even have to deal to keep VGK away from picking player X or Y - because they didn't want anyone!

thepoeticgoblin

Dec 16, 2011
Sweden
Im sure there are a few on our protected list who Vegas wouldn't touch.

They'd probably want Sven or Granlund, no? They'd steer clear of the twins (as they can only pick one for one). No way they pick Sutter or Eriksson.

So.. Bo, Edler and Tanev are the only ones we *really* needed to protect I guess. They'd have been picked for sure. The state of us atm!

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
A part of me is really hoping Sbisa doesn't get picked. Not because he's any good, but because if he gets picked it likely means a couple things:

1) More cap space for Benning to do something stupid this summer.

2) Likely no Tanev trade

2a) A Tanev trade at this year's draft could net us a very good prospect from a high draft pick; or

2b) Screwing up a Tanev trade would be another nuclear move that will further destroy this team and lead to Benning's dismissal in 10 months time.

ATypicalCanadian

Apr 30, 2015
Canada
The funny thing is Sekeres said if Sbisa is taken it probably ruins the chances of a Tanev trade. I think we can all understand how that's downright sad.

I'm expecting it to be Skille. I can't see how it's Sbisa with the amount of defencemen they've already been rumored to have taken.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Even when people did their dream rosters off of the unprotected lists, Vegas still wasn't going to be good this year. People are severely underrating basic things like chemistry and having a coaching staff introducing systems with all-new players. It's not a video game where you can plug in the best players and they will immediately do well.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
A part of me is really hoping Sbisa doesn't get picked. Not because he's any good, but because if he gets picked it likely means a couple things:

1) More cap space for Benning to do something stupid this summer.

2) Likely no Tanev trade

2a) A Tanev trade at this year's draft could net us a very good prospect from a high draft pick; or

2b) Screwing up a Tanev trade would be another nuclear move that will further destroy this team and lead to Benning's dismissal in 10 months time.

I would say trading Tanev in general will make this team worse, and therefore speed up the dismissal of Benning.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Wow, if they actually take freaking Skille (like Button predicted in his mock) that's pretty damning. I didn't think they'd actually literally pass on all our players.

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
A month after we were all scratching our heads at Luca Sbisa being signed for 3 years at 3.5 I stated

Luca Sbisa is expansion draft protection

We hid our assets and had some marginally terrible player taken off our hands for free.

Jim Benning is a savant fox.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
biega makes good sense and would be my choice. i hope he can parlay it into a scott walker moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad