Luc-ifer: dark lord with white hair

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
From 2008:

Kind of obscure, but I always remember this. There was always some tension between Lombardi and Robitaille.

Interesting tidbit.. hadnt seen before. Edit: one of the few times ive agreed with Milbury

Last edited:
Reactions: YP44

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
So the rumors now are that Luc is more responsible for bringing in guys like Dubois and Kovalchuk?
Blake will eventually be the fall guy but Luc has to go before he completely runs the team into the ground.
Ownership needs to do it now while its still salvageable. It would take 2 years to get on track but if they wait longer it will take 5-7 years.

AbsentMojo

Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
So the rumors now are that Luc is more responsible for bringing in guys like Dubois and Kovalchuk?
Blake will eventually be the fall guy but Luc has to go before he completely runs the team into the ground.
Ownership needs to do it now while its still salvageable. It would take 2 years to get on track but if they wait longer it will take 5-7 years.
Thats what Ive been reading. I want to collect links and opinions here like what @johnjm22 posted so we can review and see if it adds up to what it seems to be. E.g. that tweet in opening post references Luc pushed out Futa and Solomon - 2 very well respected guys.. is that facts?

Reactions: Schmooley

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005

This might not bother other people, but I never liked hearing what Blake Bolden said in this interview about getting hired.

Essentially she was watching a game, and Luc just comes up to her and asks her if she wants to be a scout.

No offense to her, but that sounds like a silly way of hiring a pro scout. Makes you wonder if he has a similarly off the cuff way of running other facets of the organization

AbsentMojo

Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com

This might not bother other people, but I never liked hearing what Blake Bolden said in this interview about getting hired.

Essentially she was watching a game, and Luc just comes up to her and asks her if she wants to be a scout.

No offense to her, but that sounds like a silly way of hiring a pro scout. Makes you wonder if he has a similarly off the cuff way of running other facets of the organization

WTF? Will people still watch sports if the players themselves are selected for something other than what they bring to the game? Because seems like they are 1 step away from that.

SmytheKing

Apr 7, 2007

I mean, that's how a ton of scouts are hired. They used to play. They get a job in an org they played for as a scout. This isn't a new thing really.

Jun 30, 2006
It’s been well known that DL has been sabotaged by certain individuals in negotiations with a star player (Kopitar) that has a certain agent.

I’m referring to Luc and Brisson, I’m surprised hockey media doesn’t pickup on this conflict of interest. Max Pacioretti fired Brisson for doing Luc a solid with a favorable club contract/trade terms and not looking out for his client. I believe the trade was kiboshed by Max at or prior to the draft years ago.

It bothers me that DL was fired for two clowns that don’t know how to scout players or develop them. If DL had been fired and replaced with someone who is a known hockey ops guy, then it probably would have been a different story.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
This thread is a great idea for substantive evidence or insight that paints a picture. That Millbury segment I had not seen before is super telling just how much pull Luc truly has. If there’s any kind of information like this please post it in this thread. That video was truly eye opening for me that luc has been a cancer to this organization this long.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014

I’m a founding member of the ‘Luc is the problem’ club but I feel you’re reaching her. She’s an ex-player that has a good reputation in the game. He will have had some sort of idea about how well she understands the game as it’s the sort of thing teams/players etc discuss.

She is a good hire IMO.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I’m a founding member of the ‘Luc is the problem’ club but I feel you’re reaching her. She’s an ex-player that has a good reputation in the game. He will have had some sort of idea about how well she understands the game as it’s the sort of thing teams/players etc discuss.

She is a good hire IMO.
I don't think the issue is necessarily the hire. I think it's the insinuation that Luc himself came with the pitch without consulting the decision makers of the scouting team.

I'm sure there were more discussions than just a whimsical hire, but it's a valid concern that Luc is throwing his weight around more than he should.

FrozenKing18

Goongala! Goongala!
Aug 11, 2009
SoCal
From 2008:

Kind of obscure, but I always remember this. There was always some tension between Lombardi and Robitaille.

I have not seen this, holy shit. I know I read some stuff here regarding a coup and such but never really read into it too much. Didn’t know that there was a power struggle dating back that long.

Reactions: AbsentMojo

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Luc isn't smart, but that doesn't mean he isn't devious. I saw and listened first hand to the Robitaille's disdain for Lombardi when I spoke with Stacia during one of their pre-poker tournament parties in Vegas.

She made it clear that she didn't like Lombardi, because he had relegated Luc to being a mascot and having nothing to do with player personnel. She also didn't like being slighted by Lombardi when it came to player participation in her "Echoes of Hope" organization.

Last edited:

FrozenKing18

Goongala! Goongala!
Aug 11, 2009
SoCal
Luc isn't smart, but that doesn't mean he isn't devious. I saw and listened first hand to the Robitaille's distain for Lombardi when I spoke with Stacia during one of their pre-poker tournament parties in Vegas.

She made it clear that she didn't like Lombardi, because he had relegated Luc to being a mascot and having nothing to do with player personnel. She also didn't like being slighted by Lombardi when it came to player participation in her "Echoes of Hope" organization.
Did Lombardi even have control of all that? They got what they wanted, at the cost of the team’s success and future. Luc has dismantled the team beyond repair.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Did Lombardi even have control of all that? They got what they wanted, at the cost of the team’s success and future. Luc has dismantled the team beyond repair.
Not sure what you are asking, but Dean definitely did not allow Luc to participate in anything related to player personnel decisions.

When they held Luc's retirement party, across the street from Staples Center, Jeremy Roenick spoke and I thought what he said was pretty insulting to Luc, but it turns out he was right on the mark. Roenick implied Luc was fortunate to have his position with the Kings, because he had never really done anything of note as an executive in any capacity.

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
in listening to robitaille's public comments and more importantly watching his actions over the years he is the poster boy for more money than sense. and i'll add more power than sense. yep he is a high school dropout that has gained his position through manipulation and personal connections.
imo he is a weak minded sociopath.

FrozenKing18

Goongala! Goongala!
Aug 11, 2009
SoCal
Not sure what you are asking, but Dean definitely did not allow Luc to participate in anything related to player personnel decisions.

When they held Luc's retirement party, across the street from Staples Center, Jeremy Roenick spoke and I thought what he said was pretty insulting to Luc, but it turns out he was right on the mark. Roenick implied Luc was fortunate to have his position with the Kings, because he had never really done anything of note as an executive in any capacity.
You've answered my question. Didn't know about all this. Interesting stuff.

Remember when he made the team come out of a castle?
Hey hey, kid me thought that was awesome lmao

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
I don't think the issue is necessarily the hire. I think it's the insinuation that Luc himself came with the pitch without consulting the decision makers of the scouting team.

I'm sure there were more discussions than just a whimsical hire, but it's a valid concern that Luc is throwing his weight around more than he should.
Are, gotcha. In that case absolute BS.

@johnjm22 My bad buddy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad