Rumor: Lubo on the Move?

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Why would he want to go play in Austria?

At the end if the Caps/Isles series, Lubo said he'd like to come back and play for the isles next season.

Just guessing, but I think the isles are turning the page on Lubo, looking to replace him and his $6m salary with someone healthier and cheaper.

Anyway, best of luck to Lubo. A Euro league will not have the physical play that the nhl does.

Last edited:

First Blood

The Greiss Is Right!
Feb 17, 2014
Bradenton, FL
Damn, I would of tried keeping him around as the #7

Still happy for him, he gave it his all for us when he was playing. Injuries caught up on him over the years.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
I wish him and his family the very best along with a long happy healthy future together. The guy deserves it.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
If that's the road he decides to go down, I hope for the best. I personally felt like I under appreciated Vis in his time here.

I'll never forget game three when he returned and setup Okposo's tip in and then skated around the ice clapping his hands over his head like it was his last game after being named third star. That gave me chills down my spine.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Love Lubo, but it's clear as day his body isn't what it was even two years ago. He's a bottom pairing defender in the NHL now and that's IF he can stay healthy, which no NHL can count on now.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Snow most likely gave him the respect of informing him early on to not wait on the isles for a contract.

First Blood

The Greiss Is Right!
Feb 17, 2014
Bradenton, FL
Pulock can be the #6 defense man as well as play top pp minutes because of his shot. Can provide a similar impact if not better then Visnovsky

hoser14

Oct 23, 2006
Brooklyn
The #7 D-Man

Damn, I would of tried keeping him around as the #7

Still happy for him, he gave it his all for us when he was playing. Injuries caught up on him over the years.

Lubejob can't be the Isles #7 d-man, that's Brian Strait's role! I love see Strait up in the Press Box where he can't play out of position and gets caught flat footed.

First Blood

The Greiss Is Right!
Feb 17, 2014
Bradenton, FL
Lubejob can't be the Isles #7 d-man, that's Brian Strait's role! I love see Strait up in the Press Box where he can't play out of position and gets caught flat footed.
Where have you been the last couple of months of the season? Strait had been playing in the top 4 :sarcasm:

dtrain24

May 5, 2014
Farmingdale, NY.
Damn, would miss Lubo but I think it's the right call for him.

Like many of you guys said, he's too injury prone in this league, and I think he could have a very good season or two in another league.

It'll also open a spot for one of the kids to develop for a season.

Crispy385

Jul 23, 2008
With his concussion history, I was kind of hoping he'd retire. The less physical European league may be a decent compromise.

mutts

May 3, 2009
If the Isles and Lubo are parting company, I wish him the best! He's been a class act! Good luck Lubo!

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
Just like Nabby, Visnovsky had a strange and sour beginning to his Islanders tenure but leaves a fan favorite. If true, thank you Lubo and stay healthy!

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Love Lubo, but it's clear as day his body isn't what it was even two years ago. He's a bottom pairing defender in the NHL now and that's IF he can stay healthy, which no NHL can count on now.

So wouldn't he be better at that role than Matt Carkner? I wish Snow could have signed him up for that but maybe they felt like he would want too much money to play at that role.

BarBeauWahlDobLok

Sep 5, 2014
The stand-pat Islanders will look internally to fill any void left by Visnovsky. Leddy and Boychuck are a given as top pairing. I'd guess that Hamonic will be put with de Haan. Then we have Hickey, Reinhart, Pulock, and Strait. Will Hickey be re-signed? Strait, we know has a life-time contract with the Islanders. And, do Reinhart and/or Pulock have the goods to make an impact this next season?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad