Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Igor "Rempe"

Votes: 33 22.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
I noticed Trouba wasn't backing up as much or kneeling. I find it hard to believe a guy gets smart all of a sudden or stupid after 8 years in the league. I'm convinced his unorthodox method of D these past few months is an attempt to cover for some injury. He's dealing with something. They sat him for 3 weeks or so to see if the rest would help. Brought him back and found that it's still a problem. Then and only then did they move him to the 3rd pair. My guess is that right after the season ends, he goes under the knife. Just my guess.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
What a great pick up that Roslivic was. I think he has ZERO shot at being here next year. Might end up scoring a huge goal or 3, he'll take his one day with Cup and be gone.

Hes bad in his own zone but his speed helps create. He will never play late as Panarin or Laf will get bumped up with the wonder twins (I say that with love) in close games. Roz has a good chance to be the odd man out when they deem Chytil ready, considering the impact Rempe is making.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
I noticed Trouba wasn't backing up as much or kneeling. I find it hard to believe a guy gets smart all of a sudden or stupid after 8 years in the league. I'm convinced his unorthodox method of D these past few months is an attempt to cover for some injury. He's dealing with something. They sat him for 3 weeks or so to see if the rest would help. Brought him back and found that it's still a problem. Then and only then did they move him to the 3rd pair. My guess is that right after the season ends, he goes under the knife. Just my guess.

In playoffs salaries mean nothing. He is much better than what a lot of teams have on their 3rd pair, and hes always been a good penalty killer. Personally I think after he made the comments about how he was "hurting the team" he and Lavi spoke and agreed on a demotion for the greater good. Good move by the captain and coach because Schneider, Miller, Gus and Trouba have all been better for it, imo.

Seeing McIlrath and realizing he and Trouba are about the same age, what could have been if McIlrath never had the knee injuries. Trouba was essentially traded for and signed to fill that role in the organization.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Where are all the Goodrow critics on here? No insulting comments? Are they admitting they knownothing about hockey on here now? Just asking, I think it’s a fair question.
I'm not one of them, but not a LOVER either. Let's face it, 3 goals does not a season make. But the answer lies within the team. THEY know how valuable he is. He's always been more valuable in PO's. The little things, as they say. Tough as nails as well.

Reactions: McRanger92

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
And really, like, who cares if they run Washington out in 5 games? They are a pretender.

This team isn't supposed to be satisfied winning a round. Let's look like we are primed to beat Carolina and then one of Boston/Florida/Tampa/Toronto.

Step 1 down, so far so good, but I agree, let's not get ahead of ourselves.
bold is true, but always better to TCB w/dominance as much as possible, and minimize games played to get wins necessary to advance

this is not like regular season baseball w/doubleheader or extra innings is more of a good thing.

This is where the rubber meets the road
We want to advance w/min of injury/getting drained over a long series, repeatedly.

Let others have to beat each other up, go deep, and play us and we can exert our will better b'c of it

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
I think it was colin stephenson? Who said he saw Trouba flexing his knee during practice.

Reactions: Alluckks

Baby Punisher

Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
Ideally we play 5 games like today, they steal one and we move on.
We aren't used to being a class above the opponent. Everything goes 7. It could happen again but it shouldn't.
I had the Rangers in 5. I fiqure the one clgame the caps get is the one where Ovi turns back the clock, but that’s it. That will cue all the SEE HE ISN'T WASHED UP AND IS THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME FANBOYZ.

Can't argue with the result. 2nd was a lot of fun. Enjoyed the edge the Rangers brought - keep hitting their defensemen... they have 3 NHL calibre ones left?

I'm sure the caps will adjust and step up their own physicality next game. Hopefully the Rangers don't think they are playing on easy mode now.
Barely 3.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
If we can avoid the usual making things far, far harder on ourselves than it needs to be and going to the Ranger Special of yet another Game 7, I will take a boring series and lap it up with a soup spoon.

Let the other series go long and arduous with D being worn down over six or seven and hopefully let us come out of Round 1 with lots of mileage left in the tank.
I'm with you there, brother. Sweep them with a healthy roster, and I'm as happy as a clam (however happy clams are).

This game was much better than game 1 in Jersey and both games against Tampa. Not even close.

We played one legitimately good game against Jersey out of seven. Game 2 was good. Game 6 we stole. Game 1 was alright and mostly Vanacek shitting himself. I hate the narrative that we stopped showing up. We just got our asses kicked.
Also our win wasn't brought to you by <Sponsor Name> Power Play.

NYRangers16

Oct 23, 2010
Hell's Kitchen

I won't assume this. But I see an inability to clear the puck. His outlet passing is awful.

It's ok though. This team has depth.

I also love the little controversy over the Laffy hit. Can NHL refs call penalties on dead plays? He was tripped and roughed as Bread was doing his thing.

But I fully expect the NHL to punish us first.

Reactions: will1066

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
I'm sure there is a segment of fans who fit that mold, but I wouldn't paint everyone with that brush. There are people who loved, and still love, Avery. I hated him then and I still hate him now. He was an embarrassment to this organization.

Rempe is just a likeable kid and most of us don't want to see him go over the line. I don't even care about the fighting. It's entertaining to a point, but I'd rather he just grind on the 4th line, lay some big, clean hits, and chip in the occasional goal. I'm about winning, and him wearing down the defense and cycling the puck on the forecheck will do more to help us win than a million fights.
If you were a Devils fan you'd hate him every bit as much as Rangers fans hate Wilson.

I'm the same way. , We're all hypocrites.

Yeah but this one's on my team. I don't have to rational about it.
Right.

Reactions: HolyHagelin

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Seeing McIlrath and realizing he and Trouba are about the same age, what could have been if McIlrath never had the knee injuries. Trouba was essentially traded for and signed to fill that role in the organization.
McIlrath is 32 and Trouba is 30, that's still a pretty big difference in hockey years. I know it feels like Trouba is some old declining vet but he's not that old yet, and that was the one good thing about his contract...even if it runs the whole time in NY he's off the books in his early 30's and not kicking around into his mid/late 30's when he'll really be hurting

I won't assume this. But I see an inability to clear the puck. His outlet passing is awful.

I also love the little controversy over the Laffy hit. Can NHL refs call penalties on dead plays? He was tripped and roughed as Bread was doing his thing.

honestly funny oshi was preoccupied going after Laf instead of trying to stop the scoring play that developed.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

Yes and they should have. Not for what Oshie did which was basically hug him and then go whine to an official 2 seconds later but McMichael clearly took out his feet well after the puck went in the net.

Caps whining about these "non" calls are also ignoring the half dozen things that they did that went uncalled that were infinitely more egregious.

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ

Trouba wasn’t bad yesterday. He played solid and whenever he was out of position, we were yelling at him telling him where to go and to stop kneeling to block shots. Seems like he was listening haha.

The garden was electric and it was a blast! I can’t see how anyone could be disappointed with how they played, their effort, and how engaged they were.

Yes and they should have. Not for what Oshie did which was basically hug him and then go whine to an official 2 seconds later but McMichael clearly took out his feet well after the puck went in the net.

Caps whining about these "non" calls are also ignoring the half dozen things that they did that went uncalled that were infinitely more egregious.

Don’t worry we were letting the refs have it all day yesterday. Hopefully the refs will get it together

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Despite the reshuffling of the defensive pairs the amount of minutes Trouba and Schneider are getting are fine. Unsurprisingly, this isn't resulting in a situation where Trouba is only out there for 14 minutes. He's obviously a top PK option and almost always gets any bonus shifts after extended PP time.

And yes, I think he still looks 'injured' though that's a hard thing to gauge. Could be that he's just trying to play very reserved, low event hockey.

Either way, the transition game wasn't an issue in game 1. Washington had practically no forecheck. Since that's our bugaboo, we will have to see if its absence in game 1 was strategic, or merely a consequence of NYR being a half step ahead of the play all game.

Reactions: 80shockeywasbuns

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
McIlrath is 32 and Trouba is 30, that's still a pretty big difference in hockey years. I know it feels like Trouba is some old declining vet but he's not that old yet, and that was the one good thing about his contract...even if it runs the whole time in NY he's off the books in his early 30's and not kicking around into his mid/late 30's when he'll really be hurting

honestly funny oshi was preoccupied going after Laf instead of trying to stop the scoring play that developed.
Oshie is a rat. One that I'll forever love outside of the NHL for that Olympic shootout, but still a rat.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
Despite the reshuffling of the defensive pairs the amount of minutes Trouba and Schneider are getting are fine. Unsurprisingly, this isn't resulting in a situation where Trouba is only out there for 14 minutes. He's obviously a top PK option and almost always gets any bonus shifts after extended PP time.

And yes, I think he still looks 'injured' though that's a hard thing to gauge. Could be that he's just trying to play very reserved, low event hockey.

Either way, the transition game wasn't an issue in game 1. Washington had practically no forecheck. Since that's our bugaboo, we will have to see if its absence in game 1 was strategic, or merely a consequence of NYR being a half step ahead of the play all game.
Trouba still got his TOI. But it was against lesser competition at ES. Forget the cap hit and the captaincy, and the expectations that come with that. Jacob Trouba on the 3rd pair is what makes sense for this team at this point in time.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
It would've been so nice if he scored on that two-on-one. Kid needs a break. On another note, how were there so many people that thought a strong forecheck, shoulder to shoulder hit was boarding by Lafreniere? He literally drilled him in the shoulder. Holy **** these people are a joke.

Letter of the rule, doesn't actually matter where he hit him. The key wording is "defenseless" opponent

41.1 Boarding – A boarding penalty shall be imposed on any player who checks or pushes a defenseless opponent in such a manner that causes the opponent to hit or impact the boards violently or dangerously. The severity of the penalty, based upon the impact with the boards, shall be at the discretion of the Referee.

There is an enormous amount of judgment involved in the application of this rule by the Referees. The onus is on the player applying the check to ensure his opponent is not in a defenseless position and if so, he must avoid or minimize contact. However, in determining whether such contact could have been avoided, the circumstances of the check, including whether the opponent put himself in a vulnerable position immediately prior to or simultaneously with the check or whether the check was unavoidable can be considered. This balance must be considered by the Referees when applying this rule.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Not for nothing but Rempe could have had a 2nd goal. Within 30 seconds of the 3rd, k'Andre made a nice centering pass that Rempe deflected, tough save was made, albeit it mioght have "hit Lindgren by accident". Anyone notice that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad