Love those old-time trades

Analyzer*

Or, how Montreal never traded with Quebec.

They kinda did with the Roy deal, but had Quebec not been moving, Montreal never would have traded with them.

Anon2404

Jan 24, 2008
Quebec had already moved when the Roy trade was made. I believe it was November 1995, and 1995/96 was Colorado's first year.

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
whats impressive is it seems that the espo trade worked out for both teams.

Eh, I don't know if I'd be satisfied if I were a Ranger fan. The Bruins sold Espo at the absolute peak of his value and it paid dividends for them. Ratelle was able to replace what Espo would have brought, plus they got one of the 5 best d-men in the league. Vadnais and Zanussi are just window dressing on this thing, IMO.

It was the Rangers giving up Park that I don't get....was there a personality conflict or a contract dispute or something?

Stonefly

Jan 29, 2007
Eh, I don't know if I'd be satisfied if I were a Ranger fan. The Bruins sold Espo at the absolute peak of his value and it paid dividends for them. Ratelle was able to replace what Espo would have brought, plus they got one of the 5 best d-men in the league. Vadnais and Zanussi are just window dressing on this thing, IMO.

It was the Rangers giving up Park that I don't get....was there a personality conflict or a contract dispute or something?

Vadnais was a little more than window dressing. Francis was no fool, there was a reason he wanted Vadnais. He was a very good defenseman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad