Love him or hate him, Jack Edwards is entertaining

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
I have heard so much about his homerism, but the times I have seen Boston games this season, he has kind of frequently spoken very well about opposing team's players.

He usually does. He has a passion for the game and he gets excited even when the opposition scores or makes a nice play.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
You can tell he actually cares about his job and likes being there.

In the grand scheme of things that’s more than lots of people can say.

I’m sure he can live with people not liking him. If he found out they were all in Toronto and Montreal he’d probably love the idea.
So he enjoys watching and commenting on a sport he loves, a job for which he is well compensated? Is that really a feather in his cap? :laugh:

The second part of your post just speaks to what many here have said. He’s just kind of a troll. Over the top analogies, one eyed calls about Bruins transgressions and all the rest. If Bruins most fans are into that kind of thing, then that’s great. Personally I find that shit annoying, be it my own teams people or someone else’s. I’ve already seen that with my own team, and am glad it’s over. Him riling up people in Toronto or MTL shouldnt really be the point. The Bruins aren’t some expansion team looking to stick a finger in someone’s eye, they’re a proud O6 franchise.

That said, Edwards is probably the perfect announcer for the modern age. Brash, trollish and over the top is the only thing people pay attention to anymore. In that sense he’s probably ahead of the curve.

member 157595

This just adds fuel to my theory that Edwards would be the perfect heel announcer for WWE wrestling.

I don't like him in the hockey realm, but he would thrive in WWE.

I can totally see him leveling Pastrnak with a folding chair or something.

IT WAS ME, JACOBS! IT WAS ME THE WHOLE TIME!

Reactions: JianYang

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
A lot of people don't remember the work he did with ESPN and HDnet. He was amazing as a national broadcaster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad