OT: Lounge (Read OP).

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I am having a tough couple months. Left a long term job and decided to start my own business (that part was good, major stress relief/QOL improvement).

Immediately after, I got hit in the head from behind and mugged in DC, spent a couple weeks in a concussion fog.

Then I got a massive toothache and today I get a root canal.

I have not been getting as much structure built in for my new business as I should. 😔

It seems like a lot but on root canals I've had one for pretty much every tooth in my head at one time or another. Several teeth pulled. Well I'm 66. Shit happens. I really don't think that much about it but it does get expensive.

Say Hey Kid

Baby, you can drive Makar
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Once when we were kids, we tried to run to the end of the rainbow. We didn't quite get there, but we ran to the state line and had a fun run. Speaking of state line:

"You didn't know what rock 'n' roll was
Until you met my drummer on the grey tour bus
I got there in the nick of time
Before he got his hands across your state line"

Reactions: NickyFotiu

Row I Goon

Nov 14, 2018
AIHL kicked off yesterday (Australian Ice Hockey League)

If you’re ever down under and wanna see a game between April and September come on down.

Match report link GAME 1: Rhinos

Pic of the Row I Goons (also includes Row H and Row J now)
IMG_9890.jpeg

Bacon Artemi Bravo

Sep 20, 2007
My sister, who's a total conspiracy theorist, told me about the sept 8th solar eclipse a few weeks ago. She mentioned the last time this exact eclipse happened was in the 1800's and how there were a bunch of earthquakes and how, we should be prepared for the same. I brush off a lot of shit she says lol.

She called me yesterday after my dealership was shaking from the earthquake, wondering if we felt that up here in CT. She then reminded me of the convo we had a few weeks prior.

So I went down the New Madrid rabbit hole, and I gotta say it's interesting.

View attachment 847003
That’s intense. Not sure that correlation necessarily means causation in this case though

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Playing my third World Series of Poker event this year and I'm also 1/4th of the way done with my masters program!
How are the events? I've been to the wsop in Vegas once when I was 19. Wasn't supposed to be in the room, but I looked old enough.

Been thinking about giving it a go for a while. Played tons when I was in my teens and 20s, nothing ever official outside of online poker when it was legal.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I am having a tough couple months. Left a long term job and decided to start my own business (that part was good, major stress relief/QOL improvement).

Immediately after, I got hit in the head from behind and mugged in DC, spent a couple weeks in a concussion fog.

Then I got a massive toothache and today I get a root canal.

I have not been getting as much structure built in for my new business as I should. 😔
That is a long year nevermind months. Hope the root canal went well and your business is excellent. Really sorry about the crime. Its a really tough time in a lot of places crime wise. Its really sad that people can't be safe walking down a street. Glad you are okay.

My sister, who's a total conspiracy theorist, told me about the sept 8th solar eclipse a few weeks ago. She mentioned the last time this exact eclipse happened was in the 1800's and how there were a bunch of earthquakes and how, we should be prepared for the same. I brush off a lot of shit she says lol.

She called me yesterday after my dealership was shaking from the earthquake, wondering if we felt that up here in CT. She then reminded me of the convo we had a few weeks prior.

So I went down the New Madrid rabbit hole, and I gotta say it's interesting.

View attachment 847003
Did she mention the eclipse before it was spoken about on the news?

Reactions: HolyHagelin

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
How are the events? I've been to the wsop in Vegas once when I was 19. Wasn't supposed to be in the room, but I looked old enough.

Been thinking about giving it a go for a while. Played tons when I was in my teens and 20s, nothing ever official outside of online poker when it was legal.
You would be surprised. In the circuit events, the competition is still pretty terrible.

Reactions: Say Hey Kid

Say Hey Kid

Baby, you can drive Makar
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
I'm in the SCFs of both my NHL leagues. In one of my MLB leagues they let me dominate the SPs to a crazy degree so I'm going with no RPs or bench hitters, gonna hold these SPs all season long, and just squeeze the other GMs due to my monopoly on good SPs. Some of them are listed as RPs also so I won't have empty slots.

Aaron Nola
Tarik Skubal
George Kirby
Joe Ryan
Cole Ragans
Tanner Bibee
Joe Musgrove
Michael King
Bryce Miller
Mitch Keller
Garrett Crochet
Jordan Hicks
Jack Flaherty

Last edited:

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
You guys see this Rangers drama with some woman getting crazy because players wont go on her podcast? I wonder if she's on this board? It's not you @EdJovanovski , right? :sarcasm:

She posted a video of her cutting up Rangers merch and singing. I'd post it but I'm unsure about the doxxing rules here. Completely normal behavior.
If she is doing it publicly, via X, Instagram, etc. then it is fair game to share.

Reactions: Cmox

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
So this weird girl has a personal thing with Trouba now because he didn't answer her?

Let me just say this: I think he's cool. I like his dog. His wife does some really important work. I think his art is cool and it's amazing that he has something he loves away from the rink. I really like his dog. He's done a good job as the leader of this team in the room and in the community.

I wish he was better at hockey. That's it.

I don't understand this personal shit. I find it distasteful every time it happens.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I MacGuyvered a good home repair today. Always feels good when I can do a "bushfix" on something. Tabs broke off a ceiling return vent so the door swung open. Some people use magnets to fix but since it is on the ceiling and aluminum magnets would not work. Guy at Ace Hardware looked at me like I was speaking Chinese when I described the issue and what I hoped to do to fix it. I found some small plastic swing clips at Ace Hardware. Drilled a couple of holes and it is back up there firmly. :)

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I would like to be 4.6 pounds lighter by May though for pool season.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad